• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Egnater Tweaker vs Orange OR15H

• Thread starter paul-e-mann
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
These are both cool amps, both are 15 watts, both have fx loops, both have plenty of good tone, if you had to choose between the two which would you want and why? If you know of other comparable 15 watt contenders throw them into the mix too.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The Orange. The Tweaker is almost capable of getting the tones I want, but it just has this darkness that I don't get along with. I heard there's mods you can do to make it better, but I haven't heard them.

Bloodrock

Reaction score
Neither. Get another Marshall!!
Seriously though. My son just bought an OR15 and it sounds pretty good. A lot like a Marshall with less mids. Pretty gainy. Haven't tried the tweaker.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's got good Marshall tones covered. For a bit of a change yet still vintage voiced I get the Orange. It can be influenced to cop other tones but the vintage voice is strong. It can get heavy too.

EQ in loop for a bit of upper mid bump along with delay and its gets better. 412 with GB's and its gets even better...lethal.lol

I'm biased though so my opinion's no good. I haven't played the Tweaker but Alan tells me it sounds great.

brp

Reaction score
I'd lean towards the multiple power tubes options that the Tweaker facilitates over the EL84-only OR15, personally.

But I luuuurve my Tweaker head...biased.

p.s. you might want to look at the Egnater Detroit as an option.

rocknblues

Reaction score
Orange. I agree that both are good, but the OR has incredible sustain without sounding overly compressed. The Tweaker may be a tad more versatile, but I think the Orange wins for richer, more dimensional tone. My humble opinion.

The Orange TH30 may be an even better option - two Channels with cleaner cleans, little more range in the dirty channel, has affects loop and has scalable power (7/15/30 watts).

Good luck!
RB

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
I've always wanted an Orange to round out the collection and never wanted an Egnater, but the Tweaker features look very interesting.

alhayesmusic

Reaction score
PLayed both at length. ORANGE! The tweaker was alright, but felt a little sterile. The options were cool, but for the money I would just buy (and I did) a Carvin V3M. The OR15, on the other hand, was amazingly responsive. The FX loop gives you the versatility you need. Either way, they are both good amps. My opinion, the Orange. Cheers!

SeanMichael

Reaction score
I tried the Egnater before, it had a lot of capabilities and tonal variations, but I wasn't impressed. I never tried the orange though, so I can't necessarily vouch for it.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Now that I think of it the Tweaker does Marshall, Fender, Vox, I already have real ones of those amps, probably make more sense to get the Orange! Yup!

hbucker

Reaction score
One thing I think you give up with versatile amps is a certain amount of character. I currently own an Egnater Renegade and it's on the very outside of what I consider versatile but still "plug n play". It does lack a certain character though, even while it's sounding great - and I do think it sounds great.

On the flip side, I hope you like the character of the other kind of amp, like the Orange, because that's what you're stuck with once it's yours.

Either of these can be a pro or a con. You just have to decide what you need and what you can live with.

Good luck.

blade3

Reaction score
What's Up PC.
I own Both . I play both on a every day basis . I love my tweaker
with new tubes of course cuz rubys suck but I have my orange
for that next level of gain I cant get out of my tweaker without
a od. So Im saying the obivious answer Is GET BOTH.

Latest posts