• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

EHX Metal Muff the new version.

• Thread starter Marshall4Metal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marshall4Metal

Reaction score
EHX has come out with the new version of the MM. This has a 3 band EQ, level and Dist . It also has a gate. I had the OG MM years ago the full size one and really liked it. So i wanted to add another Dist to my arsenal and this is the one i'm getting. It's not overpriced like many out there right now it sounds killer it has a gate and should be a great addition It's an updated MM with a gate and no top boost . Right now i'm mainly using the Waza MT-2 and the Friedman BE-OD both are amazing but i needed one more for the trifecta. I also have a Digitech Death Metal and the Ibanez SM-7 Smash box these pedals are cool but not what i would call top tier Dist pedals. I also have the HM for Swedish chainsaw but i don't use that tone much.

Last edited:

Edgar Frog

Reaction score
Happy NPD!!

I have the MM w/top boost and love it. I really like the looks of the Nano MM for its footprint and still having the 3 band EQ like the big brother. I love it for classic 80's style metal/thrash and death metal tones. They are also great using as an (dirty) OD to push an amp as well.

Deftone

Reaction score
I'm a big fan of the Metal Muff. I started off with the full size, then bought a Nano and ended up liking the Nano even better. I've had mine for years and I have yet to find a distortion pedal I like better.

Latest posts