ENGL Standard Slant 4x12

• Thread starter newbies
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

newbies

Reaction score
Whats peoples opinion of this cab as a match for my framous cobra and silver jubilee?? It is loaded with V60s.

newbies

Reaction score
so i ended up putting money on it. It was redicuously cheap!! but it is a bit battered!! Soundwave today wooooooooooohoooooo cant wait for iron maiden, slayer, dimmu borgir and devildriver!!

purpledc

Reaction score
The only thing that worries me about the engl standard cabs are that they are made of particle board. Their pro series is supposed to be much better and made of birch. I believe the actual baffle on the standard is birch but with particle board back sides top and bottom. While engl makes great heads and pro series cabs I simply think for the money they ask for the standards better could be had for less money.

newbies

Reaction score
The only thing that worries me about the engl standard cabs are that they are made of particle board. Their pro series is supposed to be much better and made of birch. I believe the actual baffle on the standard is birch but with particle board back sides top and bottom. While engl makes great heads and pro series cabs I simply think for the money they ask for the standards better could be had for less money.

Thanks for the info. I am sure it will b alot better than my current cab.if not will b able to get money back. The price I am paying I could buy a second hand ps3 lol

purpledc

Reaction score
well if thats the case then I dont think you can go wrong. Even with the standard cabs being particle board I would have to think engl would make one that was far superior to other cabs made of the same material. Put it this way, it will probably eat MG cabs for breakfast, crate cabs for lunch and probably eat lower end plywood cabs for dinner. I think its a matter of even if the materials arent as good as some cabs the construction and QC probably makes up for it and still beats out plywood cabs that dont have the same attention to detail. And if the price is as good as you say it is then its probably worth it for the speakers alone.

newbies

Reaction score
Yea its a quick sale from a mate and I have to do some work for him, I am a carpenter. Will pick it up this week and let you know the verdict:)

purpledc

Reaction score
No they are not made of particle board it is Baltic birch

Not according to the engl website. The standards are listed as particle board with siberian birch baffle board. Only the pros are made from full siberian birch. Where are you getting your information?