Evh412 a good pairing with a 1987X

• Thread starter LPCustom28
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LPCustom28

Reaction score
Looking at possibly scooping up a 1987X, but am curious if it will pair well with my EVH 4x12 (with the evh celestion Heritage GB’s), or if the Marshall GB cabs are a better fit with getting the most out of it? Have a JVM 210 and SC20 that sound great through the EVH, but the 1987 is a completely different animal. Volume not necessarily an issue (attenuating it with a Rivera Rockcrusher in a sound proof music room).

junk notes

Reaction score
Are you kidding us, quit joking around.
waiting.gif

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every amp I run through my EVH 412 sounds tits.

I'm thinking a Plexi will please through it. My Plexis do. Everyone has their own ear candy though.

LPCustom28

Reaction score
Haha, just needed some reassurance from the all wise and powerful online forum community 😜, thanks 😅. Have run into too many weird things on my sonic quest lol, that sometimes what should be obvious sometimes doesn’t always yield the results you’d expect (like how quirky and different V30’s can be from cab to cab in my experience).

tallcoolone

Reaction score
It’ll be a little boomy-er because it’s bigger than a trad 1960 but with that amp through those speakers it should sound tits. I’d watch diming it without the attenuator, that amps almost enough to blow that cab.

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at possibly scooping up a 1987X, but am curious if it will pair well with my EVH 4x12 (with the evh celestion Heritage GB’s), or if the Marshall GB cabs are a better fit with getting the most out of it? Have a JVM 210 and SC20 that sound great through the EVH, but the 1987 is a completely different animal. Volume not necessarily an issue (attenuating it with a Rivera Rockcrusher in a sound proof music room).
Yes it most certainly will sound good, coming through the EVH cab

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should be ok with a 50 watter. I beat the shizniz out of mine with a couple 100 watter/plus amps and amazingly it took it. However not recommended.

I did rattle a speaker or 2 from years of abuse. Lil bit of after fuzz when I thump it. I had planned on popping some speakers when finding its threshold but it did not waver. And I fell in love with those speakers too. Changed my mind about trying other speakers out.

I'll eventually replace the ones I loosened up to make it pristine again but it doesn't bother me too much right now. I only hear the wear for a second as I let off. Been my favorite cab/speaker combo for years now.

They are 20 watt speakers. Common sense makes sense. Unless yer wreckless and lose control while playing "Rock" music. :naughty:

Latest posts