EZ Drummer 2 users

• Thread starter lespaul339
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lespaul339

Reaction score
What expansions packs are you using? Do you like the selection of grooves you're getting? Anyone know of any midi groove files that you can get elsewhere that sync up with EZ Drummer2?

As far as kits/expansion packs, I have the Modern and Vintage that it initially comes with. I've added the Nashville, Classic, and Classic 4 mic expansions and I dig the kits and sounds I'm getting, but I still find it can't always find 100% matches to the midi grooves that I want.

I find I spend more time just programming my own grooves using my MPD218 beat pad instead of using the ones they provide, which defeats the purpose of it being easy! My main complaint here is the lack of grooves!

I hate to keep dumping money into buying expansion packs at 80 bucks a shot. I've already spent over 300 bucks and I feel like I shouldn't have to spend more to get out of this program
to get what I'm wanting to get out of it.

If you youtube it, they make it look like it's just so easy to find a perfect match. Maybe so if you have every expansion pack installed. I get that they want to make money with their product, but still I don't want to have 1000 bucks into this just to get all the sounds/grooves I want. Just looking for other EZ drummer users opinions / experiences on how to get better grooves out of this.

Derek S

Reaction score
I love EZ2, easy to use, killer tones, not a resource hog, etc. You can also use two different kits if your pc is up to the task. If you're programming your own grooves on a different unit I'm sure you can do it with EZ2 then...programming is super easy with EZ2 and your DAW. I've always seen the selection of built in grooves and fills as building blocks that are ok for getting a track going in the right direction but that will definitely need to be edited to taste to personalize them and make it more "your groove". Even if it's as simple as adding an extra kick here and there, inserting a grace snare hit, changing the hi-hat pattern to something less/more busy, etc. It's fun, easy and more rewarding when you take the extra time to get the groovs unique to your tune instead of simply dragging and dropping the raw "rock groove 2" and creating a guitar riff over it.

lespaul339

Reaction score
If you're programming your own grooves on a different unit I'm sure you can do it with EZ2 then...programming is super easy with EZ2 and your DAW.

I guess I shouldn't say "programming". What I'm actually doing is playing drums in EZ drummer on my beat pad and recording them. I've definitely messed with everything that you're talking about and I do like how easy it is to change it up. My complaint is how easy they make it look in youtube videos to find your groove when you hit Tap 2 Find. It's only is that easy if you buy the expansion packs. There's definitely a lot of options and I'm trying not to complain too much because I really do enjoy the program. But sometimes it would just be nice for it to find the groove I want off the bat instead of me having to play it manually on a beat pad. I'm just thinking I don't have enough expansion/midi packs purchased with it. That's my frustration. How many midi and expansion packs do I need to buy to get out of the program what I'm looking to get out of it.

shredless

Reaction score
How crazy...l bought this 5 years ago and barely used it. Ended up giving my recording pc to my spouse for crafting and cricut. Anyways l just got a laptop this weekend and installed reaper, eleven rack and ezdrummer...l love that its simple, sounds great and doesnt drag down the computer. I was able to log in to toontrack after 5 years and download,/install it easy cheesy, unlike avid digidesign problematic software. I dont have any extra packs for it nor do l know it inside out but l had a full track running on vst in 2 minutes!

Filipe Soares

Reaction score
EZ2 is a great tool for composing. I've been using it since it's first versions, but I gotta say that steven slate drums are way better. if you guys are curious about drumming software give it a try.

EZ2 is easier to make music, the beat identification tool is AMAZING, but for recording SSD is way better.

lespaul339

Reaction score
So I just got a couple more expansions. I picked up the Americana expansion and the Rock Solid expansion. They were on sale for 19 bucks each a couple of days ago at Sweetwater so I bought both. I'm digging the kits and extra midi drum files I got with them!

Latest posts