fender bassbreaker

• Thread starter sidvicious
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sidvicious

Reaction score
i had some repair work on a strat, recently. i tested it through a bassbreaker at the shop.

i'd never heard/seen the amp before. pretty salty. it was a head, priced at around $400 USD.

i'm not in the market for one, but i thought i'd pass this along and see if anyone here has experience with them. it sounded like a pretty nice, rocknroll machine.

had lots of bottom end, and tight; like an orange..

chiliphil1

Reaction score
They're great amps. It's Fender's take on the JTM45. Since Marshall copied Fender, now they return the favor :lol:

There are a couple of versions, for the price you probably played the 007, nice head, master volume, sounds good. There is a combo which is 50 ( I think) watts, no MV so it stays clean until stupid loud. The one I am interested in is the 15 watt, it has a 3 mode gain knob and looks awesome, they haven't launched yet but when they do I'm gonna have to make a trip to try one for sure.

sidvicious

Reaction score
They're great amps. It's Fender's take on the JTM45. Since Marshall copied Fender, now they return the favor :lol:

There are a couple of versions, for the price you probably played the 007, nice head, master volume, sounds good. There is a combo which is 50 ( I think) watts, no MV so it stays clean until stupid loud. The one I am interested in is the 15 watt, it has a 3 mode gain knob and looks awesome, they haven't launched yet but when they do I'm gonna have to make a trip to try one for sure.

i had some truss work done on the strat. i was noodling with bends to test it. and didn't pay any attention at all to the amp

until it screamed.

after that i deepthroated it with a bittch slap on the naked big-E string, and it held together like a pro.

i didn't get to play long, but made mental note of the amp. quite nice, even if it was a short roll...

sv

fat_lenny

Reaction score
I'm interested in the 15W head as well. Will be interesting to hear them in person and see what price they come out at.

wakjob

Reaction score
The demos of the 7 watt head sound really good to me.

Do I need it? No, I have an amp that covers that ground pretty well.
But damn it's cool. And cool looking.

Joe2000

Reaction score
MArshall should have jumped on this platform a long time ago.

I've always called out for a Vintage Modern with EL34's and MV or even better, power scalling like this one.

fat_lenny

Reaction score
MArshall should have jumped on this platform a long time ago.

I've always called out for a Vintage Modern with EL34's and MV or even better, power scalling like this one.

Thats what I am interested. An alternate to my 100W heads that doesn't have to peel paint off the wall to sound good.

If Marshall matches them next year I'll have a decision to make.

So probably a $1,500 head by the time it reaches our shores.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The demos of the 7 watt head sound really good to me.

Do I need it? No, I have an amp that covers that ground pretty well.
But damn it's cool. And cool looking.

Doooood! You AND me need this 7 watter.

Went to GC yesterday and sampled some amps. For ****s and giggles I played the 7 watt Bass Breaker head connected to their 112 matching closed cabinet. Damn man what tone and feel I got from her. The pair surprised the **** out of me and to be honest I want this combination. It was rich, warm yet open with some really cool thump and compression.

I liked it best with the treble booster engaged.

EndGame00

Reaction score
I tried the Bassbreaker 45 at GC and even with the power set at 1 watt, that thing was loud. I set both normal and bright volume at 6 it sounded good to me... I wish I had the opportunity to open it up a bit.

wakjob

Reaction score
Doooood! You AND me need this 7 watter.

Went to GC yesterday and sampled some amps. For ****s and giggles I played the 7 watt Bass Breaker head connected to their 112 matching closed cabinet. Damn man what tone and feel I got from her. The pair surprised the **** out of me and to be honest I want this combination. It was rich, warm yet open with some really cool thump and compression.

I liked it best with the treble booster engaged.

Yeah right? Soooooooo tempting.

Only problem is that as soon as my local store gets them on the floor, out the door they go! They're selling very well.

Good for Fender.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah right? Soooooooo tempting.

Only problem is that as soon as my local store gets them on the floor, out the door they go! They're selling very well.

Good for Fender.

I can see why!

I ordered a 50 watt Code but down the road I will get the BB head and that cab. I don't want the combo. Rather have the 112 and it mixes so good with it. I need lower powered amps. My ears...

Deep Purple fan

Reaction score

Not entirely accurate here. At the 1 watt setting its no louder than my JTM1, DSL1, JCM1 or SL5 at 1 watt at max volume and plugged into a 2x12. I can get great dirty tones at reasonable volume with an OD in front of the Bassbreaker 45 and for me, I like the normal channel better than the jumped. But, 1W is louder than most think but ive played stupid loud amps and this is not one of them. I do like the Marshall 30W Bluesbreaker better than the Bassbreaker 45 but I also find it much more challenging to manage the volume.

Latest posts