• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Finally able to record DSL 20H through FX Send

• Thread starter niazmet
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

niazmet

Reaction score
Ok so this only worked with a short length cheapo chinese cable (5.6 ft). Anyhow any idea why this noise in the background?

Guitar -> Boss tuner -> Boss SD1 -> Guitar input -> FX Send (out) -> Scarlet Focusrite in -> Amplitube to load IR -> Export wav
Noise was recorded with clean channel

NOISE SAMPLE:
Code:
https://vocaroo.com/1iBHU9A8djPl

BTW as soon as I turn off the fx loop from the footswitch the sound come from the speakers. When it is engaged the speaker is muted

Last edited:

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s nothing there,…

niazmet

Reaction score
Do you think using a balanced TRS to XLR cable would help?

niazmet

Reaction score
TRS cable didn't hlep
At least noise is lower right now. Might have to do with the interface USB + PC and PSU high frequency switching that occurs inside those modern PSUs

niazmet

Reaction score
I just purchased a brand new old stock Valveking II 20 and the send (Fx loop) just fuck## works! It's amazing how marshall make it hard and bad their emulated out and don't invest in having a direct out in most of their entry level amps.
Speaking of entry level amps most of the MG line have a workable headphone out which actually is... a pre amp out! How it should be. The emulated on the DSL it's beyond horrible
I'm not asking Marshall to have a Direct out (balanced) like the Valveking has, or a speaker load mute (which the Valveking has) or even a noise free fx loop out I'm simply asking a unbalanced direct out

Latest posts