Finally got time to try the sd-1 with the Origin

• Thread starter Ufoscorpion
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score
They sound fantastic together ,like they were made for each other . I don’t know why it took me so long to get an sd-1 , probably thought it too cheap for starters to be that good . Was having great fun with this combo until the amp decided to jump from low to mid power and stay there regardless to switch position . Oh well , I will just run it down the road ( 10 miles ) to the Marshall service dept in Bletchley and get them to sort it out even though it’s probably just dodgy switch . I then decided to dig out the Friedman Runt 50 ( first time in a while actually ) and tried the sd-1 with it which sounded fabulous as well . oh forgot to mention , I was using my Blackstar series one cab ( all 3/4 inch Baltic birch oversized heavy as f¥<k 4x12 ) today with both amps for the first time since I swapped out two of the v30’s for a pair of vintage pulsonic t1281 greenbacks , wow another outstanding pairing , hands down the best sounding cab I’ve played through . 👍

8bit Barry

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder what you would think of the Wazacraft version? I have had an SD1, which I modified about 10 years ago and I have thought about the new one simply because the original cuts the bass. The new one is supposed to be very good, but its over twice the price...

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sd1 is an iconic od pedal, along with a Tube Screamer, they both go back over 40 years! But for me right now, the Bd2 tops both of them.

It sounds more transparent than the other two to me, that's s big thing for me, I like the way my amp sounds, I don’t want anything to color it too much.

And a Bd2 doesn’t seem to cut the bass as much as an Sd1 to my ears.

There’s no doubt an Sd1 and a Marshall is a special combination and every Rock guitarist should own one. It’s gotta be a top contender for best value for your buck.

Enjoy your new pedal bro!

Last edited:

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score
Cutting the bass is a big plus for me so the standard sd-1 is great and definitely wouldn’t pay twice as much for the waza.

solarburn

Marshallvore
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regular SD-1 is fine for me too. I think it’s meant for the wooly beast. Love what it does for the Ori. I knew you’d dig it man. Was waiting to hear about it. Just found your thread. I think you and me were the only ones around here that never had/used one.Lol

I’ve got the waza BD-2 as well as the regular. Great pedal too. However not on my Ori. It bloats it out more. Works good on my other amps.

Ufoscorpion

Reaction score
Regular SD-1 is fine for me too. I think it’s meant for the wooly beast. Love what it does for the Ori. I knew you’d dig it man. Was waiting to hear about it. Just found your thread. I think you and me were the only ones around here that never had/used one.Lol

I’ve got the waza BD-2 as well as the regular. Great pedal too. However not on my Ori. It bloats it out more. Works good on my other amps.
When I think of all the sometimes way more expensive pedals I’ve bought over the years and still have in a very big box somewhere 🤦‍♂️🤣