First AFD100 hits eBay

• Thread starter kfowler8
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kfowler8

Reaction score
Hi all. First time poster but have been lurking for a while.

I've been following the AFD100 threads for a while. From what I've seen, it's pretty difficult to get a hold of a new one in the US. Looks like Andertons in the UK still plans on getting some.

Anyway, I noticed eBay had the first one I've seen for sale today. Looks like the guy is asking $749 premium. It'll be interesting to see if it sells. While I have interest in the amp, I'd have a hard time dropping that kind of cash without actually ever playing one. They're in such limited supply I assume most people have never played one.

dhaywood17

Reaction score
There are a couple on UK ebay that are only asking for £1000 as opposed to the £1200 they paid new. The exception is they guy asking for £1799. As far as I'm aware there's still stock of this amp online to be had for the original price so he's obviously hoping for a miracle.

Nickc6

Reaction score
There's actually already been at least three sell on eBay at that price and the fourth one I didn't follow to the end.

skingy

Reaction score
i have watched 4 afd auctions, including the one linked above. 2 of the 4 have been from Huber and Breese, a local (michigan) dealer. not sure if they are marshall dealers or not - i think so, which is why it surprises me they listed them at $2700 - above the price marshall sets for dealers.

kfowler8

Reaction score
i have watched 4 afd auctions, including the one linked above. 2 of the 4 have been from Huber and Breese, a local (michigan) dealer. not sure if they are marshall dealers or not - i think so, which is why it surprises me they listed them at $2700 - above the price marshall sets for dealers.

I live in Canton. Did not know Huber had some. They're a bit of a stretch to drive there. Interesting that they were charging a premium. I believe they are a Marshall dealer.

skingy

Reaction score
I live in Canton. Did not know Huber had some. They're a bit of a stretch to drive there. Interesting that they were charging a premium. I believe they are a Marshall dealer.

yep. item #'s 200586772187 and 200587553245. the really sick part is they're charging $120 for shipping. i got mine today from PA to MI, and i paid $50. yes it's a 60 lb box, but still.... i only paid $50. from an authorized marshall dealer (BCR Music) for the legit price of $1999.

i've had one bad experience there (huber and breese) in the past, and won't step foot in their door after these auctions.

kfowler8

Reaction score
yep. item #'s 200586772187 and 200587553245. the really sick part is they're charging $120 for shipping. i got mine today from PA to MI, and i paid $50. yes it's a 60 lb box, but still.... i only paid $50. from an authorized marshall dealer (BCR Music) for the legit price of $1999.

i've had one bad experience there (huber and breese) in the past, and won't step foot in their door after these auctions.

I've been in there once. I called this afternoon about the AFD100 and they guy said he'd get back to me tomorrow. Never bought anything from there.

If for some reason down the road, you don't like the AFD, drop me a line.

Landshark

Reaction score

Sounds like someone wanted to make a little extra cash on the side... Sell them on ebay and report that they only sold for the set price, pocket the 800 some odd dollar extra plus the defecit from shipping... Someone might have made around $1800 off of those listings... all to their personal pocket.

I have no evidence of that but it would be neat to see how the investigation turned out if it were to be investigated.

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone lied. I was told it comes with a hat, Fro-Wig and a 5th of Jack Daniels in the US as that is why it is taking so long for the Distro. Well, that and fuckers can by them and steep up the price to the poor bastards who have waited too long.

Sorry if you are offended. By the way I give Slash a lot of crap. I should not as I do regard Appetite for Destruction a cornerstone in Rock History. But, it's so easy. Welcome to the jungle my Michelle.

David :slash:

ken361

Reaction score

lol I go to huber too! motor city guitar is getting 4 in, arent these 2000 new and people are spending 2700 wtf!

ken361

Reaction score
huber has added one more for $2699 obo. how are they not getting in trouble for this?

people are willing to pay I guess huh, paul's kind of tight I dealt with him. He was selling Epi Ace Frehley with some serious deep scratches for 800, i passed on that real quick and saw a perfect mint one at Sam Ash for 900 with zero wear and tear.

Latest posts