Foot-switch question regarding physical connections

• Thread starter Spacehog
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Spacehog

Reaction score
Howdy y'all.. Buon giorno... Hey yo what's up... (Insert greeting of choice here),

I hope it's OK to post this question here since I think it is directly related to my amp. Please let me know if I should go elsewhere with it.

With that..

It seems I may be lacking in the ability to explain myself clearly with my issue/request (which I thought was simple) at the local stores so I'll try here.

I have a typical Marshall 2203 head which has the typical 2 inputs. What I simply (?) want to do is this: Find a simple/basic physical-connection foot-switch which would accept connection from my guitar into what I'll coin as the inbound side and have 2 outbound connections/outputs to provide for physical connection to both channels on the amp at the same time.
Does such a device exist?

Supporting reasoning:
All I want ... is these cans ..and this tennis racket. ..and this lamp..
um,.. uh..
..is the ability to switch between which head-input/channel I want to play into on the fly w/o having to physically stop strumming due to having to unplug the connection on the head so to plug it into the other input when I want to change inputs w/o having to halt my playing (which I believe would require more speed-related skill than I could ever imagine attaining short of being knighted by Superman himself).

Thanks all. Appreciated. Let me know if I should direct myself elsewhere with this.

Regards,
Spacehog

mott555

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure if it's the same on the 2203, but on my 2204 the amp doesn't work if both the high sensitivity and low sensitivity inputs have something plugged in. Just acts as if nothing is plugged in at all. That rules out an ABY switch, which is basically what you're after.

Marshallhead

Reaction score
A simple way to achieve something similar is with a graphic eq pedal set to cut your guitar signal down to clean up the sound when it's on, and use that as your clean input setting!

Spacehog

Reaction score
Thanks. You guys are right. Mentioning that now makes me remember that that's exactly the case. I forgot about that.
Also, with that, I realize it makes perfect simple sense too as to why it's designed that way. Doh..
*Note - I'm the guy on your right... :slap:

I've just been out of the music thing actively for such a very long time due to life in general that I'm green again on even the simplest things. I have a lot to re-learn. ..including how to play again!

The EQ idea is a very good suggestion. A friend I jam with on occasion mentioned the same thing within otherwise conversation for different reasons. I think I'll probably just go that route. Thanks.

More gear to buy now.. sigh...
: p

Ken

Reaction score
I don't think changing or rewiring the jacks would be very difficult. As long as the amp can take two signals at the same time, you can do what you're asking. Someone who knows better than me might address that.

Ken

Latest posts