• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

FS : 1971 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe - 2,800$ shipped

• Thread starter Thames
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thames

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am helping a good (old) friend here. Selling his is trusty 1971 Gibson Les Paul GOLDTOP Deluxe. He is the original owner. Guitar has toured Canada, USA, Europe... he's getting old and he prefers lighter guitars, however this one is in the regular ballpark, about 9 lbs.

All original, except for :
- Replaced original bridge w/nylon sadlles for a Gibson one (ORIGINAL BRIDGE included!)
- He installed some sort of midi device during the 80s, so there are 4 tiny screws holes (filled and touch-up). And some "slight" finish discoloration (trapeze shape) about 1" x 2" right behind the tailpiece. All this can be seen in the pictures.

Tuners, pot, frets, nut... all original.
The case is NOT a typical Les Paul case, but its the original GIBSON rectangle case from the same era (bought with the guitar). It has reinforced steel corners added.

Frets are in great shape, no bumps... its essentialy a FRETLESS WONDER.
Guitar plays wonderfully, no buzz, sweet neck, simply amazing.

The Guitar Dater Project website states the following :
Your guitar was made at the
Kalamazoo or Nashville Plant , USA
approximately in: 1970, 1971 or 1972

PRICE IS 2,800$, SHIPPED/INSURED. I am in Canada, will ship Continental USA no problem (I am very familiar).

lp1.jpg

lp2.jpg
lp3.jpg
lp4.jpg
lp5.jpg
lp6.jpg
lp8.jpg
lp9.jpg
lp10.jpg
lp11.jpg

johnfv

Reaction score
Some nice patina on that Deluxe. Too bad about the "midi device" incident :lol: but still a great looking gold top. Good luck with your sale.

Swede

Reaction score
always love the look of those mini buckers? How are those tone wise?

Mix between P-90's and hum buckers?

Latest posts