FS: 1971 Marshall JMP 1987 Model. 50 Watt Lead plexi Circuit (small “p”).

Central Scrutinizer

Misanthropic Humanitarian
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
1971 Marshall 1987 Model, 50 watt Plexi circuit. Great sounding classic amp. If you like Mustard capacitors, you will love this. Amazingly original, no chassis modifications, no holes drilled. Has a pull potentiometer on volume one, which adds a brite switch, easily changed back to standard.

The original transformers have been changed to a new old stock Obsolete Electronics Plexi clone PT. These are fantastic transformers, which unfortunately are no longer made. The OT has been changed to a Drake, which is original to Marshall amps, just not this year. Non-original knobs. They look correct, but are repops, they were in the amp when I bought it. I MAY have some original knobs if I can find them that will be offered to the purchaser of the amp.

Tolex is in great shape, no major gouges or rips. Panels are very nice. Someone in the amps past scribbled on the build sticker for whatever reason they had in their mind.

Recently serviced by Solderhaus , a top amp shop in Seattle.

I am reluctantly selling off my amps and guitars due to my age and health. Buy this now so my goofy brother-in-law doesn’t end up with it!

This will be professionally packed and shipped by my local UPS Store. I will not be making money on the shipping.

Please ask any and all questions and I will cheerfully answer back as soon as I can.

Thank you for looking.

$3,333, $200 insured UPS packing and shipping. Prefer to ship CONUS only. Thanks

IMG_0285.jpegIMG_0286.jpegIMG_0287.jpegIMG_0288.jpegIMG_0289.jpegIMG_0290.jpegIMG_0291.jpegIMG_0292.jpeg

Last edited: