FS: 1978 Marshall JMP 50W Lead Model 1987

• Thread starter plabass
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

plabass

Reaction score
Hello! This is my first post on the Marshall forum and I'm trying to sell something. I realize how this looks. I'm a recording engineer in Rockville, Maryland with a little vintage amp collection. Look me up on Gearslutz.com as "plabass" and eBay as "greatwhelm" for feedback and a little reassurance. This same listing is up on Gearslutz as well if someone happens to be a member there...

This amp is absolutely stellar. I love it and I wish I could keep it but sadly it's gotta go (hopefully to be replaced by another JMP in the near future).

It's a 1978 Marshall JMP MkII Lead, Master Model, 50 Watts, Model M 1987. This is a fantastic sounding amp that's been completely restored to factory spec. Obviously, from the pictures, there were some modifications made over the years. These have all been removed and fresh (high quality) caps and tubes have been installed. The amp sounds and plays great. No abnormal hum or noise, no scratchy pots, no problems what-so-ever. This amp is going to play great for many years to come. Please see the pics for cosmetic condition. If you were so-inclined, a new set of face and backplates could be had for very little money. The tolex is in great shape except for a couple minor scuffs here and there, the logo was repaired in a couple places and is missing the top half of the "h". It's a Marsnall for the time being ;-). Again, sonically and functionally the amp is 100%. These issues are cosmetic (and fixable).

Asking $900 plus shipping/pp!

Thanks for looking and please email or PM me with any questions!
-Nate

Attachments

• DSC_0455.jpg
    DSC_0455.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC_0459.jpg
    DSC_0459.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

plabass

Reaction score
Ah yeah, that's the important bit I suppose. I'm asking $900 plus shipping/paypal (original post edited).

SoloDallas

Reaction score
EDIT sorry, NVM. Thought it was an 1987. This is a MV. Looking for a NMV. Already have the MV.

Sorry, SD

plabass

Reaction score
This a model M-1987 (I would suspect the "M" is for Master). I'm afraid I'm not the best source on all the differences/revisions on these models but I can tell ya that the model, as listed on the backplate, is M-1987.