FS: Pair Vintage 1973 G12H Model T1976 Pulsonic '3' Cones 75Hz - 16 Ohm

• Thread starter BygoneTones
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BygoneTones

Reaction score
Another pair of speakers that have sat on reverb.com for too long and I would like to clear. Got them advertised at 595 GBP, but make me an offer and I'll consider it. The market clearly doesn't seem to agree with me on their value, or appreciate how difficult it is to find good examples of this particular model.

A few years ago I had a guy in Canada send me dozens of these for testing to find a good quad for one of his cabs. We must have gone through about 50 of them. Almost all of them had issues of some kind, mostly coil rub or lifting spiders. Genuinely good ones are very hard to come by. In fact I've got another one here right now with the same issues.

Spiel copied from reverb:
Super clean pair of Celestion T1976 model G12H. With the 4 ridge spider support, silver dust cap, and Pulsonic '3' cone. Date codes - Aug 73.

This model of speaker was most commonly used in Laney and Dan Armstrong equipment in the early 70's. Some people have suggested to me that they are 'the Black Sabbath speaker' based on the silver caps visible in Tony Iommi's Laney cabs in old concert footage. The jury is out on that one - others have suggested Goodmans, but these will certainly get you close to that sound for sure.

Great condition pair of speakers that have only seen light use over the years.

Both speakers have been inspected and tested at high volume. Clean sounding pair of speakers with no buzzing or rattles.

Can ship worldwide.

me29lrvpcpsxc8znak4a.jpg

x6o6wrucbd0wnxdbfx2l.jpg

kk0ipevpmy0tpilkmpry.jpg

ealfpxyq7fpeg25t1fv9.jpg

ms9efwa6zzqu9eesk3gl.jpg

pk7ly3umxly6npdba5zv.jpg

nncwrj2nihzgphyevsyl.jpg

sl9yuccz5vihoqioaelx.jpg

BygoneTones

Reaction score
Not sure, cool you got to see them though. Tell me after the gig you went on stage with a screwdriver and camera, took the back off one of those Laney cabs, took some photos of the inside of the cab and can confirm what speakers Iommi was using? They could be JBL I guess too, or Altecs?

The guy in Canada I know seems fairly confident they are T1976 Celestion, but not sure there is any solid evidence for that, apart from Laney being known to use them.

Scumback Speakers

Reaction score
Not sure, cool you got to see them though. Tell me after the gig you went on stage with a screwdriver and camera, took the back off one of those Laney cabs, took some photos of the inside of the cab and can confirm what speakers Iommi was using? They could be JBL I guess too, or Altecs?

The guy in Canada I know seems fairly confident they are T1976 Celestion, but not sure there is any solid evidence for that, apart from Laney being known to use them.
Well, I was 16 then, and uh...no, I didn't get backstage with tools to talk to Tony...sorry! LOL But that is the California Jam stage.

Latest posts