FS: Pre-Peavey Budda SuperDrive 18 Head PRICE DROP #2

• Thread starter Jakeboy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jakeboy

Reaction score
Just took this in a trade and frankly it sounds fantastic….the clean channel does chimey cleans up to 70s OD easily. The gain channel does 70s -80s high gain wonderfully and needs no pedals to do so. A LOUD 18 watts. Has a modern Mids switch on the gain channel and a brite switch on the clean channel so it remains very versatile. 2 JJel84s, a JJ 12ax7 in V1 and 2 other 12ax7s in v2/3 that the previous owner says are JJ, but are unmarked. Rectifier is an EH 5u4gb but I’ll also add in a vintage RCA 5u4gb.
Cab is a SourMash repro head cab that is very light and a perfect fit. Smaller than an actual Budda head cab. Only issue is the owner who had the SourMash cab built mis-located the chassis holes and had to redrill on all 4 holes. They can be covered with washers but it doesn’t bother me at all as this is a ROCK and ROLL amp.
both channels sound wonderful and if It doesn’t sell, I’ll happily keep it as it is a Vox/Marshall blend. Why am I selling? I have a line on a new Winfield Cyclone in a cool color at a great price so I have to sell something. Pre-Peavey Buddha’s will only go up in price,
MV works very well on this amp as does the loop.
PRICE DROP Let’s do $790 shipped for a super-versatile amp.

Attachments

• IMG_0764.jpeg
    IMG_0764.jpeg
    160.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0765.jpeg
    IMG_0765.jpeg
    151.1 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0766.jpeg
    IMG_0766.jpeg
    141.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Crikey

Reaction score
Just took this in a trade and frankly it sounds fantastic….the clean channel does chimey cleans up to 70s OD easily. The gain channel does 70s -80s high gain wonderfully and needs no pedals to do so. A LOUD 18 watts. Has a modern Mids switch on the gain channel and a brite switch on the clean channel so it remains very versatile. 2 JJel84s, a JJ 12ax7 in V1 and 2 other 12ax7s in v2/3 that the previous owner says are JJ, but are unmarked. Rectifier is an EH 5u4gb but I’ll also add in a vintage RCA 5u4gb.
Cab is a SourMash repro head cab that is very light and a perfect fit. Smaller than an actual Budda head cab. Only issue is the owner who had the SourMash cab built mis-located the chassis holes and had to redrill on all 4 holes. They can be covered with washers but it doesn’t bother me at all as this is a ROCK and ROLL amp.
both channels sound wonderful and if It doesn’t sell, I’ll happily keep it as it is a Vox/Marshall blend. Why am I selling? I have a line on a new Winfield Cyclone in a cool color at a great price so I have to sell something. Pre-Peavey Buddha’s will only go up in price,
MV works very well on this amp as does the loop.
Let’s do $850 shipped for a super-versatile amp.
welcome to the Budda club. My 18 watt Twinmaster is F'n LOUD! It's a great amp that has chimed cleans, like Matchless and is all Plexi sounding to my ears.

Jakeboy

Reaction score
Ok….I added the Jeff Bober Brite Mod to brighten the amp and making it more Marshally by accentuating the upper Mids.
If it doesn’t sell, I’ll happily keep it. The gain channel has way more gain than I need but dang is it a rocker! PRICE DROP to $810 shipped CONUS