• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

G&L Tribute guitars vs Fender Players Strat!

• Thread starter Msharky67
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Msharky67

Reaction score
Has anybody compared the G&L Tribute series between the Fender players Strat. I am looking at these two and wondered how good each are. The reviews are good for both but I have heard the Mexican made models are better. The G&L's are Indonesian. I kind of like the G&L better. The prices are about the same for both. I was wanting to upgrade from my Fender Squier. I can't even sell it. I was going to drop another set of PU's but I think its not worth it. My Squier is red but I was going to get the sea blue color and wanted a maple neck. I just wanted a classic Strat sound.

tonycaster

Reaction score
I have an HSS MIM Player Strat which sounds amazing with the right pickups. I put 2 Suhr V63 and a Thornbucker in the bridge position: it sings and rings for days even with a light crunch... never tried indonesian G&Ls though

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
Has anybody compared the G&L Tribute series between the Fender players Strat. I am looking at these two and wondered how good each are. The reviews are good for both but I have heard the Mexican made models are better. The G&L's are Indonesian. I kind of like the G&L better. The prices are about the same for both. I was wanting to upgrade from my Fender Squier. I can't even sell it. I was going to drop another set of PU's but I think its not worth it. My Squier is red but I was going to get the sea blue color and wanted a maple neck. I just wanted a classic Strat sound.
Dude no! Stop looking! Youre saving for an LP Studio! :realmad:

I'm trying to help you here bud :shrug:

Seriously though, if youre incapable of saving up for something do a payment plan, imagine having the LP of youre dreams today and paying $40 a month for 3 years, thats all it takes!

GregM

Reaction score
Dude no! Stop looking! Youre saving for an LP Studio! :realmad:

I'm trying to help you here bud :shrug:

Seriously though, if youre incapable of saving up for something do a payment plan, imagine having the LP of youre dreams today and paying $40 a month for 3 years, thats all it takes!
You don't understand, his Squier won't sell, so he is buying a different guitar so he can sell it at a loss to put towards his LP. I mean Geez, isn't it obvious?

Msharky67

Reaction score
You don't understand, his Squier won't sell, so he is buying a different guitar so he can sell it at a loss to put towards his LP. I mean Geez, isn't it obvious?

I didn't think of it that way but kind of maybe. The used market is dried up now and a new one is still out of my budget. I didn't see multiple listings until late Sept till the end of the year. I am saving bottles and cans too. Now I am gassing for a MG slant cab for my DSL1h! My list is getting longer. Help me Lord!:fingersx:

Msharky67

Reaction score
One of the pitfalls in buying super cheap guitars, ZERO resale value.

Yeah I don't think my Squier is going to sell now. I'm not giving it away. The market is dead now because of UI ending and back to school. All it really needs is a decent set of PU's. It plays good really. I think because they are mismatched that I don't like it. I thought about Wilkinson ones. :wallbash:

PaulHikeS2

Reaction score
Do not look for another Strat. Play the Strat you have. Keep it up for sale - it's probably worth $90. When someone bites, put the $90 in the Les Paul kitty.

Msharky67

Reaction score
Did a search for red Strat and there are 300 listings. Don't think mine is going to sell for sure. Looks like I'm keeping it. I think the players series would be better because its made in Mexico vs Indonesia as the G&l. I liked the G&L better because it was slightly unique but did have the wrong color combo I wanted. The wait continues!!!!:pissed:

Latest posts