Gold piping split

• Thread starter JTM45 Master
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

V-man

Reaction score
That might bother me on an aging relic from the 1970s (or begrudgingly accepted as ā€œcharacterā€ provided it didnā€™t accelerate in cracks elsewhere or unravel).

New? Fuck that. Thatā€™s lazy slop work, These amps (until recently) were prohibitively expensive with the built-in excuse of being UK-made. Well, fuck Edward and his wage and send it over to Truc Vinh to build for 1/2 that if thatā€™s what they consider acceptable finishing.

PIexi335

Reaction score
I just posted a pic in the other thread of my SV20C with the same treatment. If it's a combo, the piping outlines the entire front of the amp so it's basically a continuous loop. Seems like a break is necessary unless they've done it without a break in the past. The head version has the control panel so you don't need a continuous loop for those. Just a guess so could be wrong.

JTM45 Master

Reaction score
That might bother me on an aging relic from the 1970s (or begrudgingly accepted as ā€œcharacterā€ provided it didnā€™t accelerate in cracks elsewhere or unravel).

New? Fuck that. Thatā€™s lazy slop work, These amps (until recently) were prohibitively expensive with the built-in excuse of being UK-made. Well, fuck Edward and his wage and send it over to Truc Vinh to build for 1/2 that if thatā€™s what they consider acceptable finishing.
Yeah!!!

I hate Van Halen too. Good riddance!!!

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

Tatzmann

Reaction score
Yes, bottom split out of direct sight may be the proper thing to do. But that is certainly worth discussing, since the combo stands on the floor usually and that seam atop may be less perceivable.:scratch:

A 45 degree joint in the corner like on the 1960 cabs for the win?

Last edited: