• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Happy Canada Day

• Thread starter Jethro Rocker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Söulcaster

🎼🎵🎶☮️🇦🇺
VIP Member
Reaction score
Happy Canada Day.......

2Pp8n2_jR27uGdP7qJlvXsgH_R--Uz81E50HqK8QMdo.gif

fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.u3.jpg

Lo-Tek

Reaction score
Cheers!
My sister is actually headed to Agawa Bay on Superior this weekend.

We'll see if she comes back. lol
Might just want to stay there....

StrummerJoe

Reaction score
are we also celebrating talent from Canuckistan?

I was going to post Beiber, but, I don't know any of his stuff, & looking through his early stuff... ummmm, no...

I figured why not? Living so close to the border I grew up on Canadian rock - and there's some really good bands/artists a lot of Americans never heard of.

Just my way of saying thanks to our northernly neighbors. :fever:

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I figured why not? Living so close to the border I grew up on Canadian rock - and there's some really good bands/artists a lot of Americans never heard of.

Just my way of saying thanks to our northernly neighbors. :fever:
I saw Loverboy, back in '82. They played at Anaheim stadium. They called it the Summer Strut. It was the summer before the US Festival.

The Sumer Strut was:
Foreigner
Loverboy
Scorpions
Iron Maiden

large_SummerStrut.jpg

Shania, I like that song, because it was their story, as it was being worked out. She hooked up w/ Mutt Lange, who was producing Def Leppard & they decided to give it a go, in the Country/Nashville market.

She was under contract, but Mutt told her to cancel them all & we'll break the market.

They were pretty much blackballed, laughed at & scorned. Who is this Mutt guy & what's he going to do w/ this n00b?

Then, they started looking into Lange & found out that he sold more records than all the producers in Nashville combined. So, it created a buzz, on that front.

When they came out w/ that breakthrough album, it went straight to the top.

I just like it, that they went against the whole industry & made it. They won...

There's a lot of talent from Canada. Rush, Triumph... IMO, at the US Festival, the best band there, was Triumph. They played towards the end of a grueling hot day, & had no light show, because of the daylight, but, musically, they were spot on...

mirrorman

Reaction score
Belated Happy Canada Day, Jethro and the rest of my fellow Canucks.
We had some friends over for a barbeque and some Keith's IPA followed by a few shots of Gibson 12 Year Old Whisky.
Had a blast.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Belated Happy Canada Day, Jethro and the rest of my fellow Canucks.
We had some friends over for a barbeque and some Keith's IPA followed by a few shots of Gibson 12 Year Old Whisky.
Had a blast.
Didn't do much that day but on Sat July 2nd flew to a football game with a crew from one of my bands. Had a real blast!