Has anyone tried the Boss SD-1 Double cheese mods?

• Thread starter GabrielRaphael
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GabrielRaphael

Reaction score
I found this one guy who makes a mod called double cheese, I am curious if you guys are familiar with his mod plans., are they more like some you know or different.

here is a link

some more info some more info

Boss SD-1 'Double Cheese' Mod​

The Boss SD-1 is a fun classic overdrive, but with some mods you can easily take it to the next level. The 'Double Cheese' mod is for everyone who likes the character of the SD-1 SuperOverDrive, but wants a little more.

Included in the mod:
- Clipping diodes and low boost switches
- More volume and clarity
- Blue LED

Rates (pedal not included !!!):
- DIY kit with instructions: €22,50
- Mod Service: €55,00

The SD-1 is also known to bleed through in the clean signal when the pedal is off. I offer a mod to fix this problem:
- Bleed mod (only as a service): €25,00
- Full mod Service (Double Cheese + Bleed mod): €65,00Boss-SD1-SuperOverDrive-Mods-12.JPGBoss-SD1-SuperOverDrive-Mods-13.JPG

Boss-SD1-SuperOverDrive-Mods-14.JPG

Boss-DS1-Distortion-Mods-DIY-kit.JPG.JPG

wesgee

Reaction score
sounds interesting....Does the mod change out the main clipping diodes in the pedal? I have a stock version of the pedal that I really love.

GabrielRaphael

Reaction score
sounds interesting....Does the mod change out the main clipping diodes in the pedal? I have a stock version of the pedal that I really love.
Most mods have been and still are done for various reasons,

first foremost is signal noise, signal loss, 2nd routing signal option, additional clipping options to flip between asymmetrical clipping (alike boss, Marshall amp circuit), and symmetrical clipping (ts9 ) .

so while the stock sd1 sounds good to you., assuming its a newer one you cant change… , The original boss pedals from the 80s 90s sound better , they have unique color and can be modified (unlike newer ones) to have features I mentioned above,

i own a 1992 stock japan black label Sd1 as well as a second modified with a number of switches with dials to push it, , my mod sounds louder, cleaner, as well as a direct clean out to record at the same time or go into the console live.., it is basically sd-1 with dials to tweak blend fatter ts9 tones while maintaining the tight sd1 mid range.,

my stock which is even better then the newer waza sd1 still does not come close to the flexibility and range of tones I can get out of Marshalls with my modded sd1.., you really comes down to the impact. They have on amps like Marshalls, which are asymmetrical clipping, especially plexi,and jmp, People take some of these paddles and install them into the heads which is where we get all these modern marshals from like fortin, friedman etc etc ..my mod sd1 also replaced the rat , my stock sd1 and the orange DS1., and regardless of the fact that he does what all those other pedals do I still keep it on a sweet spot, may be a flipping the extra base when I need it which is usually when I am stacking it with the stock sd1 pedal because they have a nice blues edge together with a clean tube amp

Last edited:

Latest posts