Haze 15

• Thread starter Keefoman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Keefoman

Reaction score
Got this pair last week. Killer combo!

DSC_0611.jpg

Grandturk

Reaction score
That's a good looking Jr.... or Special... I can never tell.

Keefoman

Reaction score
It's a Special. Two P-90's. Jr. has one, and that's about the only difference.

pacAir

Reaction score
Oooh, P-90s and a Haze with 6V6 output tubes. This combo ought to sound really smooth and greasy!

I Likey! :dude:

Steve

Keefoman

Reaction score
Oooh, P-90s and a Haze with 6V6 output tubes. This combo ought to sound really smooth and greasy!

I Likey! :dude:

Steve

Also quite dirty if that's what I want. And I do! I must say that I was really blown away by the sound of this little rascall! It's also got more clean headroom than I expected and when it breaks up, it's pure rock! For those considering a Tiny Terror or simillar really should take a look at this model.

Dawg76

Reaction score
Glad your diggin the Haze15. Bought mine in June and use it with an Avatar 2x12. Have a couple of good OD pedals but I love this head's OD channel. A fun amp.

ptate

Reaction score
Had mine for a few months now and it gives me a buzz (not literally..!) every time I plug it in.

Put my Gibbo Les Paul's through it with my own pedal and it's sweet.

Only one problem, it's f**kin loud, even with a full band, I haven't had it maxed out yet, but the tone...........:headbanger:

I play anything from clean blues to full-on shred metal and it copes more than admirably.

Cab's are home made 1x12's, with a Celestion G12T and Celestion Anniversary 75 running in them.

:dude::rock::headbanger::hippie:

Keefoman

Reaction score
Had mine for a few months now and it gives me a buzz (not literally..!) every time I plug it in.

Only one problem, it's f**kin loud, even with a full band, I haven't had it maxed out yet, but the tone
...........:headbanger:

I play anything from clean blues to full-on shred metal and it copes more than admirably.

Cab's are home made 1x12's, with a Celestion G12T and Celestion Anniversary 75 running in them.

I know! Couldn't believe the power of this little son of a b****. But I have a good pedalboard for live playing.

Captainwave

Reaction score

Only one problem, it's f**kin loud, even with a full band, I haven't had it maxed out yet, but the tone...........:headbanger:

Copy that. It's damn LOUD and that's giving me a bit of a problem as I have it in a civilized environment where I can't krank it enough to get a decent lead tone. So for a good smokin lead tone, what pedal do I need?

Keefoman

Reaction score
Copy that. It's damn LOUD and that's giving me a bit of a problem as I have it in a civilized environment where I can't krank it enough to get a decent lead tone. So for a good smokin lead tone, what pedal do I need?

I've tried different pedals that all work well in their own ways. A Fulltone FB-2 is great for clean boosting. I also use modded Boss BD-2, OD-3 or SD-1 for different kinds of "drive".
Anyway the amp is very stomp-box-friendly.

rapidfiresc

Reaction score
is that a bluesbreaker on your board? how do those things sound?

Keefoman

Reaction score
is that a bluesbreaker on your board? how do those things sound?

Yes it's a bluesbreaker. I don't like the boost-section of the pedal, but the knob in "blues" position works well for me. I use it for "gainy" solos. Used the Jackhammer for the same purpose before I got this. I like the Bluesbreaker better.

spidey

Reaction score
The bluesbreaker is great. I tend to use the boost mode which doesn't colour your tone. It just kicks the front end of your amp harder which means extra 'go' if your amp is already overdriving.

Keefoman

Reaction score
The bluesbreaker is great. I tend to use the boost mode which doesn't colour your tone. It just kicks the front end of your amp harder which means extra 'go' if your amp is already overdriving.

Might be, but it didn't go well together with the Haze in boost mode. IMO anyway.

MontyMarshall

Reaction score
I have the Haze 15 Watt Head and use with the 2 matching cabinets (Stack). I used this amp for a few months and loved it until yesterday. When I plugged in to play as usual in my house the distortion channel sounded very low and clean. I am contacting Marshall since I have only had this for a few months and bought brand new from Sam Ash. I am not happy at this time and read other posts and this may seem to be a problem widespread for Marshall. Please let me know if this has happened to you. I will keep you posted!!

Attachments

• HazeSGPic.jpg
    HazeSGPic.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 8

Keefoman

Reaction score
I have the Haze 15 Watt Head and use with the 2 matching cabinets (Stack). I used this amp for a few months and loved it until yesterday. When I plugged in to play as usual in my house the distortion channel sounded very low and clean. I am contacting Marshall since I have only had this for a few months and bought brand new from Sam Ash. I am not happy at this time and read other posts and this may seem to be a problem widespread for Marshall. Please let me know if this has happened to you. I will keep you posted!!

Hmmm. Sorry to hear that. Have read about som issues with the '40 but not this. I don't regulary use the drive channel, but last time I did, it worked fine. Keep me posted about the progression in this matter. Hope it works out for you!

Latest posts