Hello all

• Thread starter RJW
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RJW

Reaction score
Hello from Earth.

I am joining because I am soon to be in the Marshall family and I will probably need some help along the way.

I have been playing guitar for over 20 years. I have hoarded over 10 guitars and 10 amps-mostly minis and lunchboxes but a few big ones. Somehow, I do not have a Marshall…yet. After several fake outs for the past 3 months from our favorite online gear retailers, My DSL20HR has supposedly shipped and will be here this week!

I have also recently decided to get into DIY and mods. I’ve been changing pickups and control in strats and teles and I’m slowing learning about tubes amps.

I am currently building cabs. I have converted an old Ibanez into a 112 cab loaded with a greenback for some of my low watt amps and I’m trying to decide on a design for an original 212 and 412. I’m sure I’ll have plenty of questions along the way.

I also participate on the Strat and Tele forums.

I look forward to lots of amp and cab discussions to come.

See you around

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello from Earth.

I am joining because I am soon to be in the Marshall family and I will probably need some help along the way.

I have been playing guitar for over 20 years. I have hoarded over 10 guitars and 10 amps-mostly minis and lunchboxes but a few big ones. Somehow, I do not have a Marshall…yet. After several fake outs for the past 3 months from our favorite online gear retailers, My DSL20HR has supposedly shipped and will be here this week!

I have also recently decided to get into DIY and mods. I’ve been changing pickups and control in strats and teles and I’m slowing learning about tubes amps.

I am currently building cabs. I have converted an old Ibanez into a 112 cab loaded with a greenback for some of my low watt amps and I’m trying to decide on a design for an original 212 and 412. I’m sure I’ll have plenty of questions along the way.

I also participate on the Strat and Tele forums.

I look forward to lots of amp and cab discussions to come.

See you around
:welcome: to the forum.
I have a DSL20HR and I've also dabbled in some cab building.
Lots of great info here on tubes and speakers to pair with your new 20.
If you can't find answers with a search, or want some clarification, just let us know.

p.s. feel free to bad mouth the online retailers, and call them out by name, it's one of our favorite things to discuss...

Clifdawg

Reaction score
Hi! Welcome to the forum! And welcome to the Marshall DSL family - you'll love it!

Sorry you still live on that place called "earth." Come live with us up here in MarshallForum, a planet where the biggest political division is "Is this Marshall a good Marshall? Or is it the BEST Marshall?" :lol:

speyfly

Reaction score
Welcome RJW, from your opening post sounds like your gona fit in quite well. Due be careful, this place can be very very dangerous to your bank account.:welcome:

Latest posts