Hello from ARGENTINA

• Thread starter SmokeyDopey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello people, my name is matias, im from argentina. I'm 24 years old, been playing since I was 10 years old.

Don't have a huge rig, but I got a coupld of pedals and a couple of amps. Small 25W peavey combo, Fender superchorus 2X12, and a half stack 50W JCM900 (Hi Gain Dual Reverb).

I'm going nuts over plexis now, I'm still looking at what to buy. I don't think I'll buy an original one, most likely a re-issue like a 1987x or JTM45 reissue.

I've seen many posts here, and it has been helpful.
Any thing I can help out regarding feedback, opinions or experiences, I'll gladly do so.

Rock on!

Nickc6

Reaction score
Welcome matias, I'm also new to the forum and I must say it's been a good learning experience so far. A lot of these guys really know their stuff. I've got experience with a 1987x and I think it's a great amp though I'm sure you couldn't go wrong with either.

carnada

Reaction score
welcome matias! Im from chile! but I live in canada :p which makes amp access a lot easier

trobdcso

Reaction score
So how does a Marshall sound in the Southern Hemisphere? No seriously, welcome.

rich24a

Reaction score
JayCM, what does "che boludo" mean? I am studying A Level spanish at the moment and I've never seen anything like it...:hmm:

JayCM800

Reaction score
JayCM, what does "che boludo" mean? I am studying A Level spanish at the moment and I've never seen anything like it...:hmm:
Kind of argentinian street slang..."welcome, silly" but in Argentina "boludo" is not always used as an insult, it's most commonly used as an appelative as well (though EXTREMELY informal), mostly among young cool people. :)

rich24a

Reaction score
Kind of argentinian street slang..."welcome, silly" but in Argentina "boludo" is not always used as an insult, it's most commonly used as an appelative as well (though EXTREMELY informal), mostly among young cool people. :)

nice, I'll have to ask my spanish teacher if he recognises this expression...

Michael. L.

Reaction score
Hey Man!!!
I'm glad you're starting to "see the sunshine and smell the roses"
I too am a plexi fanatic!!!!
Welcome aboard and enjoy the dark side!!!
Just remember,,,,,, Gibson/Marshall is a marriage made in heaven
It doesn't get any better than that
I'm also a member in Gibson forum
Cheers, Mick from OZ!!!:cheers:

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
Bienvenido, che boludo! :cheers:

Muchas gracias boludo!!

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome people!

trobdcso: Here in the southern hemisphere marshalls sound backwards, so you have to put the amp upside down for it to sound right.:lol:

By the way, I used to play in a band with my cousin and brother for 11 years which was a punk/ska/stoner/kinda-funky - ish band.

Recently I started playing in an AC/DC style band (yeah, not exactly the same style ha!), and used plexis for the 1st time, and they are addictive, and thats the reason I WANT A PLEXI (the ones we use are the drummer's).

If any of you like AC/DC you should check it out:

www.facebook.com/pages/42-Decibel/​307220931011

Cheers!

SmokeyDopey

VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't know how to paste links...
The bands name is 42 Decibel. I've been playing with them for about 1 year as the rhythm guitarist.
Hope you enjoy!