Hello from East Texas

• Thread starter RogerW
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RogerW

Reaction score
Believe it or not, I've never owned a Marshall amp. :( I played professionally from '78 until about 9 years ago, the last 15 of that was not not full time.

I joined the forum because I've always wanted a Marshall and I have a chance get an all original (so he says) 4212 combo for what seems like a really good deal, which I thought I'd put on my (and plug in to) old 1936 cab I've had for a while.

I was trying to find as much info about the 4212 as I could, and there isn't a lot on here. I've read about all the differences between the single channels and the 2205s (or 4212s) and I get it. Just wondering if anyone gigs with one if they'd tell me the ups and downs......also looking to see speaker recommendations since I gather that the GT-75s in my cab and coming in the combo are generally looked down upon.

So anyway, I hope to be gigging again soon after 9 years...but this time music that I enjoy more... and if I don't like this Marshall after 6 months or so when I'm sure I understand everything about it, I'm going to sell it and get another Marshall. My last amp was a Laney 50 watt AOR Pro Lead and I got absolutely crazy about EL-34s...and that's what I want, although I'm willing to try other tubes in other Marshalls that I hope will come later.

So anyway, I am friggin lovin this forum, and if anyone knows any good stuff about the 4212 or what I can expect out of it with added cab...I'd appreciate the heads up. If I don't like it I will come back and say what I didn't like about it and hopefully get some good advice on which Marshall I might want to try next for the music I play, which can be found on the link below if anyone is interested.

Thanks guys. Nice forum.
Roger

http://www.myspace.com/rogerlwilliams

Marshall Mann

Reaction score
Hey Roger,

Welcome to the forum!

I have never owned a combo, let alone a 4212, but there is no reason why it would not sound like a Marshall. And as for GT-75's being "looked down upon", opinions are subjective. I have two cabs with 75's and I love them! Dont let other people opinions over rule your own. If you get the 4212 and you like it with 75's, who gives a shit what anyone else thinks. If you are not happy, swap em out.

Again, welcome!

RogerW

Reaction score
Oh, I was definitely going to try them for myself before I changed them, I'm not much on changing stuff out unless necessary...and, on top of that I've played a Spitfire clone and the Laney through that Marshall cab that has them, and I loved the sound. So, we'll see. I just wanted to see what everyone used.

Thanks for the welcome, guys!:wave:

R

Roger Williams on Myspace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads

RogerW

Reaction score
Don't know why my response didn't show. hmm.

Oh well, I'll try it again. I wouldn't change anything about the new old 4212 or my cab in the way of speakers until I play it for a while. I had a matchless spitfire clone and a Laney that I played through those speakers and I loved the sounds. Just wanted to see what alternatives would be, and I've seen some already...65s, 70/80s, etc.

Thanks again for the welcome, guys!

R
http://www.myspace.com/rogerlwilliams

RogerW

Reaction score
Thanks Bugs, don't know why half of my responses are not posted until a moderator approves them. I responded last night.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome!!!!
R:wave:

Adwex

Reaction score
Thanks Bugs, don't know why half of my responses are not posted until a moderator approves them. I responded last night.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome!!!!
R:wave:

Alot of newcomers are getting the same thing...must be a software glitch, because I'm not getting any notification that I have to approve any posts. Don't worry about it, just keep posting. Once you get more posts under your belt (not sure how many), that approval thing will stop.

Welcome to Marshall Land.

MonstersOfTheMidway

Reaction score
Hello Roger. Since you are from Texas and it's Monday night, then you probably already know, but...
HOW ABOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!
and
HOW ABOUT THAT WADE PHILLIPS!!!
sorry man, i just had to. welcome again, roger

RogerW

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it!!

Man, I used to play football in school and watch it a lot. But this was when the Cowboys had Calvin Hill and Roger Staubach. lol My wife and my 9 year old love football.
I have a friend that played for the Texans that would offer me free tickets but I never went. Guitar, dogs, and martial arts are my interests.