Hello!

• Thread starter tacovan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tacovan

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi- I've been lurking here for a while and finally decided to join. I'm running a Ceriatone JTM45 clone through 2 Marshall 4x10s. Probably going to build a JohnH attenuator soon- just reading though the massive OG thread now. I'm dizzy and confused about impedance but thanks everyone here for sharing their knowledge.

Also, on another (less cordial) forum I've read snarky comments like, "why would you ever use an attenuator if you're using 2 cabs?" I'm mostly a bass player and my standard point of comparison is an Ampeg 8x10. For me, the tall cab gives me a head to toe wall of sound that can't be replicated by a single cab pointed at my crotch.

anyway, more soon. thanks for the great resource.
tacovan

Dblgun

Reaction score
Welcome and sounds like great rig. I've got a Bluesbreaker clone dressed as a 4x10 Bassman.

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
Just wanted to say hi- I've been lurking here for a while and finally decided to join. I'm running a Ceriatone JTM45 clone through 2 Marshall 4x10s. Probably going to build a JohnH attenuator soon- just reading though the massive OG thread now. I'm dizzy and confused about impedance but thanks everyone here for sharing their knowledge.

Also, on another (less cordial) forum I've read snarky comments like, "why would you ever use an attenuator if you're using 2 cabs?" I'm mostly a bass player and my standard point of comparison is an Ampeg 8x10. For me, the tall cab gives me a head to toe wall of sound that can't be replicated by a single cab pointed at my crotch.

anyway, more soon. thanks for the great resource.
tacovan
I like 10's. I have 2x10.
What does two 4x10 sound like compared to the 12" options?

Latest posts