HELP! Electric Guitar Amp Setup

• Thread starter TFY073105
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mickeydg5

Reaction score
The middle east of the united states of America
Dude, he’s a teenager who’s just getting his feet wet, and learning the basics just like all of us did. To me, this is one of the feel good threads of 2023, as we are all witness to what could be the beginning of a lifetime journey of fun for the kid.

OP, you landed in the right spot … not only can you find answers to questions you have about Marshall amps, but we have an ‘other amps’ section as well for you to learn even more. Also, be sure to check out the other sub-forums for discussions on guitars / effects / etc. Most of all, have fun, dude!
Yes, I am all for that.

Waiting for @TFY073105 to come back.

Dirty-D

Reaction score
Play what you got till you get better and need to upgrade. Christ, l used to plug into my stereo and play or put the headstock against the sliding glass or bedroom door.l didn't even have an amp for a while.That being said, at the very very least you should be looking into a half stack. Amp head and a 4x12 speaker cabinet.It is loud enough to hang with the drums and it will "move air" Combo amps just don't have it. They may be technically loud enough but they are like comparing a 4 banger to a V8. A corolla to a charger. no comparison. Rock n roll is meant to be a bit dangerous.Combo amps aren't dangerous they're safe.🤘👹🤘E0F95A22-8EF8-48F4-855A-38E8E4FB0CEF.jpeg

scozz

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, he’s a teenager who’s just getting his feet wet, and learning the basics just like all of us did. To me, this is one of the feel good threads of 2023, as we are all witness to what could be the beginning of a lifetime journey of fun for the kid.

OP, you landed in the right spot … not only can you find answers to questions you have about Marshall amps, but we have an ‘other amps’ section as well for you to learn even more. Also, be sure to check out the other sub-forums for discussions on guitars / effects / etc. Most of all, have fun, dude!
Well said Cross!

Maxbrothman

Reaction score
Play what you got till you get better and need to upgrade. Christ, l used to plug into my stereo and play or put the headstock against the sliding glass or bedroom door.l didn't even have an amp for a while.That being said, at the very very least you should be looking into a half stack. Amp head and a 4x12 speaker cabinet.It is loud enough to hang with the drums and it will "move air" Combo amps just don't have it. They may be technically loud enough but they are like comparing a 4 banger to a V8. A corolla to a charger. no comparison. Rock n roll is meant to be a bit dangerous.Combo amps aren't dangerous they're safe.🤘👹🤘View attachment 127641
Another "Mars all" amp. They look so much like the amps this forum is dedicated to.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Not to judge, just an observation.

This is worded so very much like spam, apologies if it is not.
Research on line has brought the OP to various Marshall items but this research is unable to distinguish between a combo and an amp head.... not even Google, it seems?

DSL or MG suddenly becomes a 2555x. How did he "see" a 2555x but not know whether it requires a speaker or not? This cannot be found online by searchIng?

The whole thing screams of someone trying to get things going here but not actually having a real question.
It has been 4 days since contact.

Sorry but I vote spam. If I am wrong, apologies.