• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Help with 1960A Cab Inputs?

• Thread starter Cragworth
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cragworth

Reaction score
Hi, I’ve been out of the gigging game for a while and I recently pulled my gear out to test it was all working correctly.

I plugged my JCM 2000 DSL head from the 16Ω output on the head to the 16Ω input on the back of the cab and selected mono.
It was playing fine for a while but it started to crackle and the volume would fade out and be real low.

I played about and it looks the the 16Ω input on the cab is isn’t holding the cable tightly, if I wiggle it then the sound comes back on but it doesn’t hold for long. I reckon I must have dunted it with the cable plugged in at some point.

I really don’t want to have to replace the entire input plate so I’m wondering if there is any way of connecting the head safely into the 4Ω input?
(The head has 1 x 16Ω and 2 x 4/8Ω output jacks with a slider switch on the back)

If I do require a totally new plate can someone link me the UK version please.81D86F36-AB6B-415E-8A47-45BD955B4FEF.jpeg600FCB0B-1B9B-4CBD-AAB2-274EDA211015.jpeg

Last edited:

Kuga

Reaction score
You can use the cab at 4ohms (mono mode) and the amp at 4 ohms but If you have a faulty 16ohms output jack on the cab you don't have 4 ohms on the cab. The cab needs both output jack in good condition to work properly in mono mode. You restore the cab plate replacing both output jacks and replacing mono/stereo switch. You can check output jack resistence with a ohms meter.