• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

Help With Marshall Dsl40cst

Swedish_Cyborg

Reaction score
This is my first time ever posting on these forums, so I hope I'm posting this in the right place.
Just today I've been having issues with my Marshall DSL40CST. Just recently I decided to hook up a distortion pedal to it and switch onto the ultra-gain channel (I was planning on buying an overdrive soon). While I was playing, my amplifier made an extremely loud popping noise. I was afraid that I somehow had too much gain on the amplifier, so I turned it on standby, took out the distortion pedal, and just started to play on the ultra-gain channel. After hearing another (Although quieter) popping noise, I turned my amplifier off. Upon turning the amp back on I was greeted by this extremely loud, grating static sound. I immediately turned it off and back on and it came back immediately. I don't want to play with turning it on and off since I live in an apartment, but I don't know what to do. Help would be appreciated.

Len

Reaction score
Might be bad tubes.

Latest posts