Heritage Custom Core Goldtop. WOW!!!!

• Thread starter BRENTROCKS
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BRENTROCKS

Reaction score
I picked up one of the new Heritage Custom Core H150 GOLD-TOPS from Sweetwater this weekend!!!

They were running an incredible offer where you get a FREE MONO VERTIGO GIG BAG ($350) with the purchase of most new Heritage Guitars!!!

I know, I already have 3 Custom Cores. Why get another one? Because they are incredibly awesome guitars!!!

The gold they used is a deep vintage tint of gold…looks absolutely beautiful!

I like the GT CCs especially because they have a natural body finish that really shows the grain of the mahogany. This one has a beautiful one piece body.

The neck is a beefy 50s carve. It weighs in at 8 lbs, 10ozs. The fretboard is very dark and reminiscent of Brazilian (I know it’s not, but…).

The only things I’ve done so far, I put a Gibson style pickguard and poker chip on it. And replaced the gold bell knobs with gold speed knobs.

The stock Heritage 225 Parsons street pickups sound pretty good in this one. I might keep ‘em? They are a bit on the bright side. I’ve pulled them from my other 3 CCs because I thought they were overly bright.

Heritage PLEKs all their guitars now, so it sets up magnificently. Plays as good as any other Custom Core I’ve played. They are very consistent!!! Great fit n finish.

IMG_0169.jpegIMG_0173.jpegIMG_0174.jpegIMG_0175.jpegIMG_0177.jpegIMG_0178.jpegIMG_0180.jpegIMG_0182.jpegIMG_0183.jpegIMG_0179.jpeg

ampeq

Reaction score
Outstanding, I would love to have that same guitar with P90’s. These guys really do a great job, more like what LP’s used to be. All 4 of them look like Brazilian RW.
I have a custom guitar being made right now that would be the twin of that with P90’s, it will be another year before I see it though. (I have a fancy one with hum b pickups now and love it.) If you want to try a new set of pup’s in that one, give Lindy Fralin a shot. Very good all around pup’s and worth every penny.

jeffb

Reaction score
I've been eyeing the CCs for awhile. Congrats again. Interesting back color on the GT.

Maybe its just me but I find that Sweetwater giving away a free (albeit very nice) gig bag with a guitar that comes with a hardshell case to be pretty poor attempt at an incentive for me to pull the trigger. If I'm taking a guitar like that to a gig, I want the hard case protection anyway.

RCM 800

Reaction score
I've been eyeing the CCs for awhile. Congrats again. Interesting back color on the GT.

Maybe its just me but I find that Sweetwater giving away a free (albeit very nice) gig bag with a guitar that comes with a hardshell case to be pretty poor attempt at an incentive for me to pull the trigger. If I'm taking a guitar like that to a gig, I want the hard case protection anyway.
I cant remember who it was he got it from but a buddy bought a 335 and they thru in a melody maker. Both were exceptionally badass guitars so it was a remarkable deal. Wish there were more deals like that. Id love to lay my mitts on a Heritage some day.