Hh telecaster vs evh Wolfgang big decision to make.

• Thread starter Dave47857
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dave47857

Reaction score
Who owns both and what are your thoughts on this question? Is the Wolfgang a go to for anyone out there?? Is the tele worth the money or will my Stratocaster get me all the way??

fitz

Well-Known Yinzer
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who owns both and what are your thoughts on this question? Is the Wolfgang a go to for anyone out there?? Is the tele worth the money or will my Stratocaster get me all the way??
I can't speak for the EVH, but I have a Strat, a standard pup Tele, an HH Tele, and a FilterTron Tele.
The Strat will not cover what any of Teles can do (and vice-versa).

You're just going to need to get one of each... :D

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
You need a Tele Jethro...
Oh man I threw up a little....

200w.gif

Derek S

Reaction score
I can think of only one TRUE guitar sell regret looking back, an early run Wolfgang (a PV in gold with arch top). This would be a no brainer for me lol.

mrjones2004x

Reaction score
I’ve got a jap evh wolfie and a tele but with single coils as standard.

My wolfie play very fast and has a big output with hot pickups. Quite a compressed sounding pickup but well balanced. Neck is very narrow but comfy.

My tele is a riff machine, more vintage radius neck profile, slower but comfy. Pickups are obviously not what you want but that’s best difference I can offer.

BRMarshall

Reaction score
I’ve never played a Wolfgang guitar, but bought this HH Tele a couple years ago. SD pickups, made in Indonesia. There is nothing about it I don’t like.

Attachments

• IMG_0589.jpeg
    IMG_0589.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 5

V-man

Reaction score
My wolfie play very fast and has a big output with hot pickups. Quite a compressed sounding pickup but well balanced. Neck is very narrow but comfy.

My tele is a riff machine, more vintage radius neck profile, slower but comfy. Pickups are obviously not what you want but that’s best difference I can offer.

Aside from both being ugly AF (personal pref) I cannot imagine how different two other guitars would potentially fill the hands then one built from the 1950s with all the ergos of a cinder block and one from the 1990s tailored to a guy who is spastically running all over the FB.

Torren61

Reaction score
Aside from both being ugly AF (personal pref) I cannot imagine how different two other guitars would potentially fill the hands then one built from the 1950s with all the ergos of a cinder block and one from the 1990s tailored to a guy who is spastically running all over the FB.
Coming from the guy who loves Flying V guitars...

V-man

Reaction score
Coming from the guy who loves Flying V guitars...

Absolutely! Iconic and symmetrical - a classical aesthetic for the standard of beauty… unlike the clipped toenail with the flaccid uncircumcised cock (or Larry the Cable Guy bottle opener) HS. 😁

In terms of sound, I have come to respect the tele quite a bit more over the years (much as I dislike ALL F-types and HATE Strat quack above all). I can only imagine an EVH-speced guitar would be a monster though, ugly or not.

PelliX

Reaction score
Absolutely! Iconic and symmetrical - a classical aesthetic for the standard of beauty…

The V (which I personally don't care for) took a deal of pondering and designing and underwent many, many revisions as you can certainly confirm. The Tele was a lucky accident as it was initially intended for amp testing only. Leo then figured out he could market 'em... :D