How to find a Marshall parts supplier in or near Thailand?

• Thread starter bangkokjack
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bangkokjack

Reaction score
Hi! I do not know if anyone can help me but I've been searching for a Marshall amp parts supplier near Bangkok, Thailand, and all I am getting is local music shops who sell Marshall, but that do not seem interested in ordering parts. I am sure there has to be a better way for new repair techs to find replacement parts, even here in Bangkok, Thailand. Any help to end my head banging frustration would be greatly appreciated. Regards Jack

bangkokjack

Reaction score
I truly appreciate your response, but my mind keeps asking the question "why can't they be ordered from Vietnam, or another point within SEA" since there is a secondary factory in Vietnam and since I am located in Southeast Asia? That would make more sense shipping expense wise, no? This is where the frustration is coming into play. At the moment I only need 3 mono input jacks (very specific to this model) and a handle639_0.jpg-standard plastic black2q.jpg (for a mg101cfx,(made in Vietnam) but I am sure I will need them for higher quality models as I get settled into my new shop. Thank you again for your kindness and help Chris. Regards Jack.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
the thing about Marshall distribution, is, that, on the shop level, you have to have so much buy in.

For instance, a guitar store, will need to buy around $1M worth of floor merchandise, to start & will have to guarantee moving so much product, while keeping a minimum of so much on the floor.

I'm not sure about service shops. I think most parts in service shops are just bought through other means.

Best bet is to contact Marshall direct & ask them.

bangkokjack

Reaction score
the thing about Marshall distribution, is, that, on the shop level, you have to have so much buy in.

For instance, a guitar store, will need to buy around $1M worth of floor merchandise, to start & will have to guarantee moving so much product, while keeping a minimum of so much on the floor.

I'm not sure about service shops. I think most parts in service shops are just bought through other means.

Best bet is to contact Marshall direct & ask them.
I tried that, But no one replied. I can try again. The USA and Europe have plenty of places online, but to pay shipping on some of the parts is simply ridiculous. Thanks for your help.

Tatzmann

Reaction score
You are somewhere in asia...you are not
part of their salesplan.

You have the possibility to purchase parts
over Ebay and that is it.

Purplexi

Reaction score
You could check with Nik, of Ceriatone. His stuff is mostly classic style repro's, but excellent. He's in your region of the world(Malaysia?) and might cut loose a few parts.

waveslave69

Reaction score
You can try Retrosound Amplification in Bangkok, the owners name is Nott and he is an Amp Builder and Service Tech, he sells amp parts as well. I have had 2 amps serviced and repaired with him and found him very helpful.
You will find him on Facebook

bangkokjack

Reaction score
You can try Retrosound Amplification in Bangkok, the owners name is Nott and he is an Amp Builder and Service Tech, he sells amp parts as well. I have had 2 amps serviced and repaired with him and found him very helpful.
You will find him on Facebook
Awesome! Sounds like a winner. Thank you kindly for your help.

swedeunclefester

Reaction score
Hi! I do not know if anyone can help me but I've been searching for a Marshall amp parts supplier near Bangkok, Thailand, and all I am getting is local music shops who sell Marshall, but that do not seem interested in ordering parts. I am sure there has to be a better way for new repair techs to find replacement parts, even here in Bangkok, Thailand. Any help to end my head banging frustration would be greatly appreciated. Regards Jack
Well, I think Your best bet is to talk to Ceriatone, Nick. He makes som awesome clones of Marshalls and other high end amps, including Dumble.

bangkokjack

Reaction score
Well, I think Your best bet is to talk to Ceriatone, Nick. He makes som awesome clones of Marshalls and other high end amps, including Dumble.
I already contacted them and they answered within 20 minutes. Big win after 3 weeks of looking. In fact, the Marshall supplier they list on the Marshall site..took 1 day to answer and acted like I was asking them for blue diamonds. So I sent a screen capture of our conversation and my experience with them to Marshall Facebook page and said to Marshall staff, (after they told me to contact the same people I did in the first few days of looking.) "Hey, I did that in the beginning, and this is how they acted and how they treated me." . I didn't want to do that, but I gave the suggested Marshall dealer every chance I could after 3 attempts to reach either the manager or owner, all while remaining as nice and as patient as possible. That said, your post was a very big win for my 3 week experience. Thank you ever so much. You rocked it!

Latest posts