How To Replace Tube In Avt150x

• Thread starter helveticat
  • Start date
  • Tags
    avt150x
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

helveticat

Reaction score
I suspect I just blew the tube in my AVT150X [see update below], so I want to try replacing it.
Has anyone out there done this repair? If so, could you give me an idea of what to do / look for?

I've seen references to people replacing these but there are no instructions in the manual and there's no obvious way to do it from the outside.

I'm aware that amps can retain high voltages when unplugged so I don't want to take the back off without knowing what I'm in for. But I'm skint, so I'd rather not have to get a tech to do it unless it's not suitable for DIY-ing.

UPDATE: OK I'm officially an idiot. Somehow just as I plugged in something I thought might have been iffy, my guitar cable failed. I've never had this happen before -- literally it was working fine, then it stopped passing any signal at all.

So my tube is fine, and now I've replaced the cable everything is working again. But I figured it would be good to know the answer anyway :).

Last edited: