Humbucker in Bridge of my Tele

• Thread starter msgdman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Yep, my 1st 2 Tele's, I bought the bodies unfinished as kickoffs (rejects) from the assembly line @ Fender Corona. 1st thing I did was take a router to them, just like you...

I also routed the edges to be more rounded like a Strat...

Here's one. I sprayed it w/ black lacquer, loaded it w/ a pair of Suhr Aldrich & it has a Graphite neck...

teleproject_zps0b050bc4.png

Here's it's twin... well... almost. Same thing done, but, I also routed an 1/8" groove all the way around the perimeter. I also put large check grillcloth on the face & the piping (as seen in pic) & a small Marshall logo. I don't have any recent pic's, but here's this one:

tetepiping_zpsb47f6a10.png

I'll have to get a recent picture w/ it finished...

It also has a graphite neck, but has SD Invaders w/ a 1meg pot & screams. For knobs, it has standard Marshall knobs, elephant tolex pickguard, etc...

Rahlstin

Reaction score
Neat, Im waiting for a SD Lil59 Tele pu for mine. I use one n a strat and It workd well, so going to try one out in my tele

ampmadscientist

Reaction score
Yep, my 1st 2 Tele's, I bought the bodies unfinished as kickoffs (rejects) from the assembly line @ Fender Corona. 1st thing I did was take a router to them, just like you...

Here's one. I sprayed it w/ black lacquer, loaded it w/ a pair of Suhr Aldrich & it has a Graphite neck...

Here's it's twin... well... almost. Same thing done, but, I also routed an 1/8" groove all the way around the perimeter. I also put large check grillcloth on the face & the piping (as seen in pic) & a small Marshall logo. I don't have any recent pic's, but here's this one:

It also has a graphite neck, but has SD Invaders w/ a 1meg pot & screams. For knobs, it has standard Marshall knobs, elephant tolex pickguard, etc...

Where do you get the Graphite neck?
Is that a Modulus Neck?

minerman

Reaction score

Dude, that Marshall-ized tele is bad-ass!!!! You're gonna haveta upload some more pics of that thing....Very unique, & very bad-ass!!!!

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Dude, that Marshall-ized tele is bad-ass!!!! You're gonna haveta upload some more pics of that thing....Very unique, & very bad-ass!!!!
Yeah, IDK why I haven't taken any pictures since I finished. I have it in storage right now, so I'll have to dig it out. Here's a mock-up from when I was brain storming it.

marshalltelemockup_zpse27f725b.png

It's not all to scale, the checkered cloth has larger check & the knobs are smaller in real life, etc., but, it gave me the blueprint...

minerman

Reaction score
That's cool man....really cool....if/when you do dig it out, please do get us some pics man, that's awesome!!!

custom53

Reaction score
I put a Lil '59 Humbucker in my '52 Reissue.. I wanted the mini so I could change it back to stock if need be..

I did the same thing to my MIJ 50th Anniversary Tele.. Wish I would have kept that guitar.. Loved it.. Pearloid pick guard with pearloid double binding.. Pic before I swapped the pickup..

dreyn77

Reaction score
great pics guys!

Dogs! what a great idea. ;)

yeah if we put humbuckers in these things they just become another guitar that we're familiar with.
some of the magic gets lost even though the guitar maybe much more enjoyable to play.

I had a tele for years. I bought it S/H and in bits. it was somebodies mad frankenstien project cause they had a original floyd rose on the body.
It was the orginal humbucker tele with the strat big headstock neck.
but then fender reissued the original guitar and it was WAY cheap. so it was no longer an option to restore the guitar. I would have spent more $$$ than if I just went and bought a new guitar. So I shelved the guitar and there it's sat for 10 years.
I filled in all the cavities from the floyd rose and started to get it ready for paint and just forgot it.

how do you compare these guitar shapes to other guitars? are they easier to play? more comfortable?

I have played the G&L tele and it feels good and an improvement in the design, BUT....

rich88uk

Reaction score
I put a Lil '59 Humbucker in my '52 Reissue.. I wanted the mini so I could change it back to stock if need be..

I did the same thing to my MIJ 50th Anniversary Tele.. Wish I would have kept that guitar.. Loved it.. Pearloid pick guard with pearloid double binding.. Pic before I swapped the pickup..

How do you find the little 59? I've been thinking of putting one in my american standard

Latest posts