• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

I AM the Reincarnation of Slash (JCM 800 shines)

• Thread starter Slash Tone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slash Tone

Reaction score
Thanks for the exceptionally positive feedback. I've taken down the link demonstrating the Slash tone in preparation for the tutorial. Coming soon.

Last edited:

Redstone

Reaction score
Nice. Slash isn't really my thing, but I reckon that probably sounds pretty close. If you are going to do a tutorial, have you considered doing it in video form? I'd like to see how you recorded it etc.

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
This is it people. Three years have passed since I started playing the guitar. Lots of hard work went into replicating Slash's tone and playing, and I hope you all enjoy:

https://soundcloud.com/lguitaristl/anastasia

(to everyone who remembers me, I didnt come back to troll and will release a tutorial on how to get this tone as promised. Give me some time to write it up as there is more to it than a JCM800, Les Paul and top hat... :slash:)

Sounds great.

Is this you playing over a prerecorded mix?

"Apocalyptic Love Tracklist"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G49s6t6Bj5E[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO0r_4uBL3M[/ame]

David ♫

Vinsanitizer

AKA "Vinnie the Tits".
VIP Member
Reaction score
Currently living in a van down by the river.
This is it people. Three years have passed since I started playing the guitar. Lots of hard work went into replicating Slash's tone and playing, and I hope you all enjoy:

https://soundcloud.com/lguitaristl/anastasia

(to everyone who remembers me, I didnt come back to troll and will release a tutorial on how to get this tone as promised. Give me some time to write it up as there is more to it than a JCM800, Les Paul and top hat... :slash:)

Actually, I don't mind you trolling as long as you're being productive and getting some work done here. A little trolling here and there never hurt anyone.

Slash Tone

Reaction score

Fiftywattmafia

Reaction score
The playing is good...and that there is the secret. Could have been any well overdriven Marshall. When you know the licks it's incredible how much the tone seems to match...

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
Reincarnation of Sl00$h?

Sl00$h died?

Perhaps only a clone Dam's. :)

Fine job none the less. And if he has only been playing 3 years he needs to get hooked up as his technique reflects a very old aged players soul.

Good luck.

David ♫

Redstone

Reaction score
This is what you need to get the Slush tonezzzz.
lKbl3bQl.png

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
His lead tone is pretty easy to nail especially the neck pup tone. His riffing and rhythm tone is much more elusive. I'm guessing but, I think he uses two amps one set up a lot cleaner and well down in the mix to back up the overdriven one.
When you play "Oh Well" and it still sounds like Slash well then I'm impressed, not that I'm not impressed by your ability after only three years playing :yesway:.....did you do anything else in those three years? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts