I did the silly driveway photo thing again

• Thread starter Brian Krashpad
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Krashpad

Reaction score
For about 8 years or so, the only physical grouping photo of "all" the electric gear (guitars/basses/amps/cabs) I had was one that I took on a Saturday in our old office library back in summer of 2012, before we wound up the firm. Of course, pieces come and go, so it wasn't accurate within a few years of that, if not sooner. But it's such a hassle to hunt everything down, put it all in one place, arrange it, photograph it, and then put it all back, that I couldn't be arsed to do it again. Plus, I've always done a "collage" type photo of the guitars, at least, which was very easy to update.

Anyhow, in 2020 I finally got round to dragging all the gear out on the driveway here at stately Casa Krashpad. It turned into a 2-day thing because I'd forgotten that I lent out a bass to one of my son's friends, and by the time he brought it over, it was dark, haha! But eventually it got done.

Of course, eventually I sold some stuff and bought some other stuff, but I resisted doing another "driveway grouping" simply because of the hassle factor. Until yesterday!

Here's the amps-only shot (check "Other Guitars" forum for all the guitars added):

[IMG]
upload_2022-4-17_11-53-45.gif

Back Row (L-R, top to bottom): Crate BX200, Ampeg SVT 8x10 cab, Sunn 200S, Marshall 1510 bass cab, .5 W Boggs-O-Sonic, Woodson 250, Woodson 1x15 cab, Marshall 5210, Marshall DSL 40C, 1966 Fender Super Reverb (cut into 2 cabs), Positive Grid Spark smart amp, Fender Super Champ XD, Laney TF-100, 1969 Kustom 100 with 1x15 cab, Sovtek MiG 50H Tube Midget head, DIY Krashall Celestion silverback 2x12 cab, Risson (badged Krashall) 4x12 cab.

Front Row (L-R): Peavey Triple XXX Super 40 EXP, Marshall Lead 20 5002, Vox AC30CC2, Ampeg Reveberocket, Marshall 75 Reverb 5275, Vox AD30VT XL (with cloth grille added), MosValve MV-962, Kustom Tube 12A.

Brian Krashpad

Reaction score
love the old style SVT cab...
Thanks, lord only knows how old it is! Predates the tilt-back wheels with the tipping handles at any rate. Seventies? Eighties? I bought it for something over two Benjamins, I wanna say $225 USD, in the mid-'90s. Seller was living in a second-floor apartment, and going down those stairs was a life-threatening procedure! It's missing all the Tolex on one side (the one without handles), so every few years I just spray paint that side flat black. Thing also eats casters!

Last edited:

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Thanks, lord only knows how old it is! Predates the tilt-back wheels with the tipping handles at any rate. Seventies? Eighties? I bought it for something over two Benjamins, I wanna say $225 USD, in the mid-'90s. Seller was living in a second-floor apartment, and going down those stairs was a life-htreatening procedure! It's missing all the Tolex on one side (the one without handles), so every few years I just spray paint that side flat black. Thing also eats casters!
I'm not an expert, but, I'd say 1977, or earlier...

Go Loud Early

Reaction score
I think the SVT cab is late 60s or early 70s. They went to the tilt back grab bar after just a few years. Does it still have the original speakers? They are pretty easy to pull out since they come out thru the front. I had one come into the shop I was working at years ago, I would recommend checking the polarity of the speakers. After you pull the grille off, plug in your speaker lead and then touch a battery to the leads. The speaker cones should all move in the same direction.

Central Scrutinizer

Misanthropic Humanitarian
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
NOT a rogues gallery!

Nice collection and staging.

If I were to do that, the drought would end and buckets of rain would fall down just as I stacked the last amp!

Edit: removed silly emoji

Last edited:

Latest posts