I just realized How Awesome My DSL-40CR Sounds

• Thread starter matttornado
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

matttornado

Reaction score
The other night at my gig, my friend came up and played a song while I sat down in front and listened. I couldn't believe how huge the sound & tone were. Totally different from where I stand while playing. LOL I knew that it is different but I was pleasantly surprised.

I use the Classic RED channel with the gain up a little past half way and the volume at about 8. I hit the front end wit ha Boss SD-1 for heavier distortion.

skiltrip

Reaction score
Never played mine out and found it wanting. Don't much like the red channel tbh - I stick a pedal in front of the crunch. Kills.
Only had mine a month or so, and so far, I second what you said. Dirt pedal into the Classic Green mode is awesome. I'm really growing to love the dirt channels on the DSL40cr too though. I've found it's key to dime Treb/Mid/Bass/Pres/Res then dial down from there to fine tune. But everything dimed is an awesome starting point.

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
I use the Classic RED channel with the gain up a little past half way and the volume at about 8. I hit the front end wit ha Boss SD-1 for heavier distortion.

Never played mine out and found it wanting. Don't much like the red channel tbh - I stick a pedal in front of the crunch. Kills.

I do that too sometimes in crunch mode. Also sounds killer! For what I do live, the classic red channel works for me.
Sorry, but I thought the Classic Crunch channel was the Red one.

Either way, the amp's a killer. Love it.

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
The other night at my gig, my friend came up and played a song while I sat down in front and listened. I couldn't believe how huge the sound & tone were. Totally different from where I stand while playing. LOL I knew that it is different but I was pleasantly surprised.

That's a great amp and a great idea to hit boost it with the SD-1! Rock on, brother!

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but I thought the Classic Crunch channel was the Red one.

Either way, the amp's a killer. Love it.
Correct. Classic has two modes, Green Clean and Red Crunch. TBH if the amp only had these two modes it would still be awesome. Balancing these two with a couple of pedals and the two master volumes gives me all I need for live use. The 6 button footswitch is essential though.

at89

Reaction score
I bought DSL 40 cr new and I love this amp. It's a beast. Didn't care for the speaker so I upgraded to v30 and wow. But now I'm getting popping noise and squealing without anything plugged in. I hope it's just a bad tube. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Georgiatec

VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought DSL 40 cr new and I love this amp. It's a beast. Didn't care for the speaker so I upgraded to v30 and wow. But now I'm getting popping noise and squealing without anything plugged in. I hope it's just a bad tube. Can anyone help me figure this out?
Could be an iffy pre amp tube. If you have some known good spare ECC83's try swapping one with each slot in turn and see if that remedies it.

Springfield Scooter

Reaction score
Ive loved my DSL40Cr, from the moment I plugged into it, years ago.
Like it so much, I picked up a 2nd one, for next to nothing, a few years latter.
But no FX here, I simply plug straight in.
And you should hear them in stereo!