• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

I like this Eddie tone best

• Thread starter Timmy51
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
This is a great thread. I'd have never picked that out as my favorite EVH tone, but it just goes to show that there's so much variety in his tone over the years, that there's a little something for everyone out there. FWIW, I love a lot of the tones he had during the Sammy era.

Matthews Guitars

Reaction score
To me, one of the things that set Eddie apart was that he had this natural way of playing, like he was born to it and it was an intrinsic part of him, something he never had to make an effort to learn because it was already inside him, while literally everybody else in comparison just learned to play by taking lessons and practicing.

Tapping in particular. Eddie tapped like he was born with it already embedded in his brain. Everybody else had to work hard to be able to do it and not even close to Eddie's level.

There are very few musicians who have that totally natural approach to playing.