I Love My Vs100 But I Need A Voltage Chart (buzzing In The Fx Loop)

Scott Johnston

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have two VS100's. I also have the schematics (it's 4 parts) but no voltage charts. My problem with a strange buzzing when I use the FX loop. There's something going wrong with the board, but I'm not seeing anything obvious by reading the schematics. The buzzing is only present when I use the FX MIX. It's not present when that is set to '0'.

I have a feeling there's some AC bleeding in, but then again it may be a design flaw. I've read through all the specs on the chips, but noting stands out.

Anyone know if they even exist?

Mitchell Pearrow

VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have two VS100's. I also have the schematics (it's 4 parts) but no voltage charts. My problem with a strange buzzing when I use the FX loop. There's something going wrong with the board, but I'm not seeing anything obvious by reading the schematics. The buzzing is only present when I use the FX MIX. It's not present when that is set to '0'.

I have a feeling there's some AC bleeding in, but then again it may be a design flaw. I've read through all the specs on the chips, but noting stands out.

Sorry brother I just have no experience tracking down symptoms of this nature. :shrug: Cheers to getting it worked out! Mitch

ampmadscientist

Reaction score
Hi All,

When FX is "0" -- effects is out of the loop, it's bypassed.
Hum occurs when FX is "in" the loop, any setting but "0."

Meaning hum can come from effect itself, or loop itself, or both.

Bypass loop, plug a guitar cable from send to return.
Now use FX mix, is the buzz still there?