• We are looking to make improvements to the Classifieds! Help us determine what improvements we can make by filling out this classifieds survey. Your feedback is very appreciated and helpful!

Take survey

I Met Jim Marshall Today!!!

• Thread starter VintageTone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

VintageTone

Reaction score
hey, today i had my tour of the marshall factory
and i was lucky enough to bump into the guv'nor himself,
jim marshall, and tour was amazing i got to see all the sweet
amps, which was amazing for me as my only marshall is a mg30dfx,
just want to thank marshall for the amazing tour and to keep up the
great products they have been supplying us since 1962!!

Danny,

RiverRatt

VIP Member
Reaction score
That sounds like a great way to spend a day! Unfortunately, about as close as I'll get to a factory tour is the one on the website. I have met Mr. Marshall twice at trade shows. He was incredibly nice and polite. Even with all the chaos that's always present at a trade show when a celebrity is around, he still took the time to meet and shake hands with everyone. I made the mistake of calling him Mr. Marshall - "The name's Jim" he told me. Congrats on the tour. If you made any photos, be sure to post them!

VintageTone

Reaction score
Regretably i was so over wehlmed by the tour i completly forgot about forgot about photos, i was kicking my self on the way home though :( ive always wanted to attend a trade show, was it like the namm show or something?

Webslinger

Reaction score
Cool!
If I ever visit the UK, thats one of many places I'd go. Bletchley is just off the A5 motorway, correct? How long a drive from Heathrow airport?
I'd also go to the the intersection of Grove End & Abbey Rd's and take a picture in the crosswalk.

VintageTone

Reaction score
Im only 14 aint to good with directions , i leave that to mum dad, but from what i remember it is just off the A5, for directions and time from heathrow you could look it up on google maps?

rockinr0ll

Reaction score
Any news of new Marshalls coming out?

What was your favorite part of the tour?

Cool story!

RiverRatt

VIP Member
Reaction score
Regretably i was so over wehlmed by the tour i completly forgot about forgot about photos, i was kicking my self on the way home though :( ive always wanted to attend a trade show, was it like the namm show or something?

Yes, it was at summer NAMM back in the 90's. He was signing t-shirts, doing a meet and greet for dealers, etc. He even went to Mars Music (remember them?) in Nashville and signed shirts and met the people shopping there.

I've been out of the business for almost 10 years, so I don't know if the rules are still the same or not, but if you have a friend who is a NAMM member, they can get you visitor's badges through their store. You can't buy anything, but it'll get you in the door. The badges used to be $30 or so.

VintageTone

Reaction score
regarding new marshall coming out , our tour man claimed he 'didnt know anything' and he dosnt learn anything about new marshalls so he dont let anything slip, which was obvioiusly a load of bollocks, he did say something about them dropping the avt line for new marshalls coming out in the future, which is a bummer becuase im looking to buy an avt 50h and cant find one anywhere, and now it brings the question, do i wait till the new amps or go with a second hand avt 50 watt head?

Jae

Reaction score
I haven't met him before, but he seems like a very approachable guy. There is a music store nearby and I see photos of him at the store next to his amps.
Plus he signed some of the amps as well.

Would like to meet him too.