Im going to destroy a 1960a cab tomorrow

• Thread starter shredless
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

seth

Reaction score
trade the 1960 for a 2x12. butchering a 4x12 wont get you a decent sounding 2x12 cab.

worst case you find any old 2x12 crapola combo, yank the amp and throw in 2 good speakers and a jackplate and you have a better 2x12 cab than a converted 1960 with a fraction of the work.

i have even gone as far to hardwired an old cable directly to the speakers and saved on the cost of the jack.

Wycked Lester

Reaction score
i read on the internet that its best to cut it diagonally so that you are left with the upper right speaker and the lower left speaker,....kinda like 1/2 of an X pattern. Supposed to eliminate phasing problems or something like that. You'll need to construct some sort of 'peg leg' to keep it from falling over though.

Hollowbody

Reaction score
They are about $500 used in this area of Ontario. But don't come up that often. You never see 1936's...I guess people like MDF :)
I think you should just keep it. You never know when you will need it again, and you can get a good deal on a 2x12. I just snagged a 2x12 from Avatar...should be here tomorrow :) :) :)

My 1936 is burch.

rjohns1

Reaction score
I played in a band with a dude in the 90's that did that. It sounded great actually. he ran a JMP 2203 from the 70's into the bottom half. Killer. Just do it right.

chuckharmonjr

In Memorandum
Reaction score
About as far south in Alabama as you can go withou
i read on the internet that its best to cut it diagonally so that you are left with the upper right speaker and the lower left speaker,....kinda like 1/2 of an X pattern. Supposed to eliminate phasing problems or something like that. You'll need to construct some sort of 'peg leg' to keep it from falling over though.

LOLOL...You aint even right man!

noise5150

Reaction score
Just a suggestion - you may want to consider selling it and getting what you can and then buying an Avatar 2x12 cab. They are the best cabs on the market for the money (compared to Marshall, Orange, Mesa etc) Solid construction with a variety of speakers to choose from. I have one with V30s and it rocks!

Oh just saw the post above haha.

GreaserMatt

Reaction score
Dude, don't cut it up; trade it or something.... is anyone on here even remotly close to you??? I got mine for $250, just to put things into perspective... Matt : )

ReiGnMaN

Reaction score
...or just take two speakers out... voila! 2x12!

If it has G12T-75's in it I mean, $400 is fair, sometimes that can be on the steep side. What area are you in that you can't sell it for at least $350?

I barely paid that for 2 marshall 4x12's with greenbacks and 65's :wave:

Michael1987xl

Reaction score

w00t! :headbanger:

Blisster

Reaction score
i read on the internet that its best to cut it diagonally so that you are left with the upper right speaker and the lower left speaker,....kinda like 1/2 of an x pattern. Supposed to eliminate phasing problems or something like that. You'll need to construct some sort of 'peg leg' to keep it from falling over though.

lmao

Hollowbody

Reaction score

You mean keep upper right and lower left, facing the front or back of the cab.

(I get it's a joke)

jtunes

Reaction score
12 guage shotgun should do the trick ..;) Have fun , make a mess and lotsa noise while ya at it :D ...... jeez I think I just described my usual friday night gig...............:hmm: anyway!!:cheers:

Latest posts