In no particular order for JCM800

• Thread starter Hutch
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hutch

Reaction score
Here is my open ended question. I am putting a board together for my JCM800 with no loop. I'm listing the pedals I have and looking for help on what order would you recommend. I know the best answer is try them all over and see what sounds best. Just wanting to see what you are using and where and what to add or take away. So if some one handed you a box with these pedals in it what would you take and what order would you place them in.

Boss OD1x
Wampler faux analog echo delay
MXR 10 ban eq
TC reverb
MXR micro chorus or Boss CE-5 Chorus
Dunlop wah
Rotovibe
MXR phase 90
MXR flanger

Macro

Reaction score
The land of cheesesteaks and soft pretzels
Here is my open ended question. I am putting a board together for my JCM800 with no loop. I'm listing the pedals I have and looking for help on what order would you recommend. I know the best answer is try them all over and see what sounds best. Just wanting to see what you are using and where and what to add or take away. So if some one handed you a box with these pedals in it what would you take and what order would you place them in.

Boss OD1x
MXR 10 ban eq
TC reverb
Dunlop wah
Rotovibe
MXR phase 90
MXR flanger

I'd have my wah first and my delay last....but that's me. Would also probably have that phase 90 before the OD....but depending on the setup it might work fine after....really just need to try it and swap order until it seems right.

RockMetal64

Reaction score
So if some one handed you a box with these pedals in it what would you take and what order would you place them in.

Boss OD1x
MXR 10 ban eq
TC reverb
Dunlop wah
Rotovibe
MXR phase 90
MXR flanger

Heh, we've got almost the same pedals
I set mine up as follows.. (with yours added).

Les-Paul or LTD or Strat or whathaveyou
Wah
Rotovibe
10Band eq
Flanger
Phaser
-DD3 (for floyd, pu2)
Analog Delay
Chorus
OD overdrive
TC Reverb

I use Fender 6" patch cables between all of them and a 1 spot adapter for the 9v pedals and the stock 18v adapters for the MXR EQ and Flanger.
Those are all plugged into an 8 socket power bar with 90 degree widespaced jacks and no problems.
Its actually very noise free considering all the additional connections/load on the signal. Quality cables matter.

From the stuff i read, generally you want signal modulation effects first, then timing dependant, then filtering and OD/Distortion and Reverb last.

Eq you may want first if your specifically altering your guitar tone.

Reverb close to last because you probably don't want it to echo ALL the effects, depending on what's active.
The reverb volume (balance) you have to adjust depending on your amp volume as it can be too much or too little depending on the amp volume.
If your using OD to boost the amp input you may want it last in the chain.

There really isn't any rules for order, just some patterns may sound more musical than others and some may make things too boomy or quirky or otherwise.

Experiment and enjoy.

Pete

chucho

Reaction score
In front of preamp:
- wah first
- OD1 for tone shaping, else move it to loop for boost
- Phase 90, last in chain (a la EVH & Walsh)

In the loop:
- EQ first
- chorus, flange
- verb, delay

dreyn77

Reaction score
I'm just building 1 myself and this is how it's going to be;
volume-WAH-MXR dist-MXR 10band-MXR flanger-Mxr stereo chorus-delay-delay- marshall- marshall.
(the chorus splits the signal to 2 seperate delays)

1 is wah
2 is on/off for wah
3 is 10 band EQ
4 external effects loop
5 master bypass
6 flanger
7 chorus
8 dist+
9 echo
10 volume pedal

you substitute your brands for those listed. (it's actually the RR pedal board listing)

mr wylde had the SD_1- chorus- roto-wah.
I think at some stage I had the wah, then rotovibe. but I can't remember.

dreyn77

Reaction score
you could have;
Wah (it's a tone sweep and needs the full guitar signal)
rotovibe
overdrive
EQ
phaser
flanger
reverb
chorus
delay

you can reverse order the multiple signal pedals depending on which amp you want to double with what notes. or depending on mono or stereo signals.

blues_n_cues

VIP Member
Reaction score

Boss OD1x
MXR 10 ban eq
TC reverb
Dunlop wah
Rotovibe
MXR phase 90
MXR flanger

wah
dirt
delay
reverb
chorus & vibe (either order next,doesn't matter)
phase
flanger
eq*

*-eq last if it's a lead boost,if it's just a system eq I'd put it after the wah,before the dirt.

I like my delays/verbs after dirt but you may like it before.

chucho

Reaction score
In front of preamp:
- wah first
- OD1 for tone shaping, else move it to loop for boost
- Phase 90, last in chain (a la EVH & Walsh)

In the loop:
- EQ first
- chorus, flange
- verb, delay

...apologies, didn't see the "no loop" specified above, and also had the reissue on my brain (not sure if I'm gassing yet).