Iron Maiden...

• Thread starter Dogs of Doom
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
I've mentioned before (some of you might have seen it), that back, when I was a teenager, my brother's best friend's brother was the tour/road manager for Iron Maiden.

Probably some of you think I'm full of it, when I tell you guys about all the stuff I mention. I was telling @Antmax in another thread, where he noted that he collects Maiden, about some of my times back then.

So, because my brother's buddy's brother was the manager, we got VIP treatment. Just yesterday, I dug out a few things. I probably have more stuff in storage somewhere, I know I have a bunch of albums (dozens), but, these things are what I've found, w/o really digging around for anything.

So, as for perks?

All access passes:

PAUL1189.jpg

Invites to dinner parties: (had to edit out my buddy's name, as we were his guests)

PAUL1195.jpg
the menu:
PAUL1196.jpg

tourbooks: (signed)

PAUL1197.jpg
PAUL1199.jpg
Signed picture disc:

I put the regular album behind it. That's a promo copy (not for sale).

PAUL1201.jpg
& this little goody:

This is an uncut cardboard stock case for the, then unreleased, VHS video Behind the Iron Curtain (also signed)

PAUL1194.jpg

unfortunately, because it's a bit oversized/bigger than anything else it was stored w/ so the bottom edge has been weathered a bit.

Anyway, that's it for now.

I don't even know what else I have, except, I do know that I have a bunch of LPs. I probably have a few more things, but, this is what I had handy. I'm too lazy to dig through stuff. I have so much stuff (in general - music related) I don't even know where to look.

So, anyway, I'm not so full of it... :)...

At the time, I was around 16, I just started playing guitar myself & took it for granted. Once I started playing in bands, I was doing my own thing. I wasn't a fan of when Adrian left & they got the other guy, then, when Adrian came back, they were a 3 guitar band...

@ibmorjamn - because I know you're a fan. I might tag a few more people, I've talked to about this as well, if I can find their usernames...

@Seventh Son

Last edited:

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
I've mentioned before (some of you might have seen it), that back, when I was a teenager, my brother's best friend's brother was the tour/road manager for Iron Maiden.

Probably some of you think I'm full of it, when I tell you guys about all the stuff I mention. I was telling @Antmax in another thread, where he noted that he collects Maiden, about some of my times back then.

So, because my brother's buddy's brother was the manager, we got VIP treatment. Just yesterday, I dug out a few things. I probably have more stuff in storage somewhere, I know I have a bunch of albums (dozens), but, these things are what I've found, w/o really digging around for anything.

So, as for perks?

All access passes:

View attachment 62086

Invites to dinner parties: (had to edit out my buddy's name, as we were his guests)

View attachment 62089
the menu:
View attachment 62090

tourbooks: (signed)

View attachment 62092
View attachment 62091
Signed picture disc:

I put the regular album behind it. That's a promo copy (not for sale).

View attachment 62093
& this little goody:

This is an uncut cardboard stock case for the, then unreleased, VHS video Behind the Iron Curtain (also signed)

View attachment 62094

unfortunately, because it's a bit oversized/bigger than anything else it was stored w/ so the bottom edge has been weathered a bit.

Anyway, that's it for now.

I don't even know what else I have, except, I do know that I have a bunch of LPs. I probably have a few more things, but, this is what I had handy. I'm too lazy to dig through stuff. I have so much stuff (in general - music related) I don't even know where to look.

So, anyway, I'm not so full of it... :)...

At the time, I was around 16, I just started playing guitar myself & took it for granted. Once I started playing in bands, I was doing my own thing. I wasn't a fan of when Adrian left & they got the other guy, then, when Adrian came back, they were a 3 guitar band...

@ibmorjamn - because I know you're a fan. I might tag a few more people, I've talked to about this as well, if I can find their usernames...

@Seventh Son
you’ve been holding out on us !
They always have great performances .
Private party ? Did you leave by ambulance , that being said I think they are or were drinkers.

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Amazing. Did you get to meet them too ?
of course...

During the show, we got to hang out wherever we wanted, backstage, in the crowd, or wherever - in the rafters?

I opted for in the sound/mixer booth...

but, yeah, whatever we wanted signed, they'd sign. My brother got tons of stuff signed. I wasn't so interested in all of that, but, I got some stuff signed...

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
you’ve been holding out on us !
They always have great performances .
Private party ? Did you leave by ambulance , that being said I think they are or were drinkers.
As close as I every got to any private party was the Runaways after they played the long shore mans hall but they were never there . I think they were in back seats of cars maybe . Lol
Ah, I've mentioned it in the forums before. I just never had the stuff out to where I could just take a few snapshots...

Yeah, party, although, I didn't look at the raffle ticket, it's not the menu, although, seeing pork pie on there was one of the items, but, not the stinky variety. (whatever that is) :)... The items on there were a prank, although, I didn't get anything, like the mugs, or whatever...

My brother has an item - a bathrobe. His buddy's mom was at the hotel & Bruce was wearing it. He dropped the robe & walked into the bathroom. She grabbed it & at some point gave it to my brother. So, it's Bruce's worn bathrobe. Kind of a fancy white thing. We haven't ever really checked it out, as it has Bruce's DNA on it, so it's just stuffed in a ziplock baggie somewhere & left sealed/untouched...

Dogs of Doom

~~~ Moderator ~~~
Staff Member
Reaction score
Could you at least make up a few? I’m married and don’t get out much.
lol... nah. I'd rather keep it real...

Not related to this, I've told some of my musical endeavor stories & people have told me I'm full of shit. I have no reason to BS anyone. I had my own groupies back then, just because I played guitar.

Literally, There were times where I'd have 30 people in my bedroom, when I was in highschool. They'd all hop in through the window. People would just come over & I'd jam. They'd share all their drugs & alcohol w/ me.

Usually, someone would come over w/ a baggie of crystal meth. They'd come over & hang out & tell me to jam. They'd do their baggie ½/½ w/ me. Then someone else would come over & do a bag 3 ways w/ us, then someone would come over w/ a ¼ oz bag of pot, someone else w/ a case of beer.

Throughout the night, people would just keep on piling in through the window. I hate to even thing what went on through my Mom's mind when the room got noisier & noisier w/ more people, none hardly coming through the front door.

We'd go into all hours of night & people would drop off after a while & it would usually be me & either 1 or 2 people if they were still around. If I went to school, then they'd go home before school to change & then at school, we'd party & then more afterwards.

Then, after dinner, the routine would start all over again...

Sometimes I wouldn't sleep for a week, then sleep 3 days straight.

When you guys think about Dime & Vinnie, they were the same way.

One of my buddies moved to Texas, & settled in Arlington. He ended up hanging out w/ them & became their bus driver. He'd tell me all about hanging out w/ them & he'd send me tapes/records, etc. I'd send him stuff & he'd share them w/ Dime (Diamond) & he'd have him send me stuff. Whenever my buddy came back to CA, he'd bring stuff w/ him Pantera & I'd send my stuff back w/ him & Darrel would thank me, saying he dug it...

But, they were party animals, just as I was back then. Out of control...

So, yeah, during highschool, I had my highschool groupies. Nothing worth talking about though...

Adieu

Reaction score
1. Brother's
2. Best friend's
3. Brother worked for
4. Iron Maiden

....that's 4 degrees of separation.

Sociologists claim that it's like a max of 6 degrees between any two people on the planet (except total recluses maybe? Or maybe that's why it's 6 and not less).

And since both ends can be guys living in the boondocks in different 4th world countries, if you're not an antisocial from nowhere, and your target is well known, that's 6-1-1 = 4 degrees of separation.

TO ANYONE.

Btw I checked: I had like 3-4 degrees of separation to ANY world leader when I traced it out... through multiple avenues no less (one was a US secretary of state at the 2nd or 3rd degree, another was a former Soviet minister and diplomat in the 1st degree, a third was an Indian PM in the 2nd degree, and a fourth was an Eastern European billionaire in the 2nd --- anyone who's anyone being 1-2 steps from one or more of them respectively)

World's smaller than you think.

PS the trick is finding and using those connections

Last edited:

Im247frogs

Reaction score
The World Slavery tour was one of the defining moments of my life, the greatest shows I've ever seen, and still stands as a monumental achievement in the annals of touring (189 blistering shows in 331 days), and most of the so-called listening public and music press knew or cared nothing about it then and certainly not now.

ibmorjamn

Reaction score
1. Brother's
2. Best friend's
3. Brother worked for
4. Iron Maiden

....that's 4 degrees of separation.

Sociologists claim that it's like a max of 6 degrees between any two people on the planet (except total recluses maybe? Or maybe that's why it's 6 and not less).

And since both ends can be guys living in the boondocks in different 4th world countries, if you're not an antisocial from nowhere, and your target is well known, that's 6-1-1 = 4 degrees of separation.

TO ANYONE.

Btw I checked: I had like 3-4 degrees of separation to ANY world leader when I traced it out... through multiple avenues no less (one was a US secretary of state at the 2nd or 3rd degree, another was a former Soviet minister and diplomat in the 1st degree, a third was an Indian PM in the 2nd degree, and a fourth was an Eastern European billionaire in the 2nd --- anyone who's anyone being 1-2 steps from one or more of them respectively)

World's smaller than you think.

PS the trick is finding and using those connections
Also about a thousand degree's closer than me.

Antmax

Reaction score
The World Slavery tour was one of the defining moments of my life, the greatest shows I've ever seen, and still stands as a monumental achievement in the annals of touring (189 blistering shows in 331 days), and most of the so-called listening public and music press knew or cared nothing about it then and certainly not now.

Same here. Was the first time I saw a concert. Powerslave was also the first ever album I bought. I saved my hard earned pocket money in order to buy it on tape for my new Toshiba walkman I got on my birthday.