IS this '68 Plexi priced right or ????

• Thread starter wallythacker
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Viking62

Reaction score
Couldn't see any reference in the ad to it being previously owned by Stevie of Jimmy so if it was played and owned for 32 years can we assume the ad was placed by one elder brother? so prior to 1982 (ie minus 32 years) was it owned by a "Vaughn"?
If not I'd say no its not worth the asking price.. if the seller wants "serious enquiries only" I'd suggest he gives more than 4 lines in the description..

RockMetal64

Reaction score
Another pigeon hunter. At least he can separate his lines and he's not YELLING in the whole thing like martin8675309.

Saw this on ebay awhile back. Opening bid was at 4K or BIN at 6500.

The Output Tranny has been replaced (plastic insul).
It's got extra holes on back, front and top of the chassis. Looks like swiss cheese.

For me, i won't pay top dollar for something that looks like it's spent the past 3 decades in and out of the Operating Room.
$1500 at most, as far as i'm concerned.

Tone Slinger

Reaction score
I think its a 'Major' and '68 was the first year. Michael here on the forums has one. I'd say its more rare and valuable than a '68 1959 for sure.

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
I guess if your a vintage collector this might be one to concider , but there are many other older Marshalls around that might be in better shape for less cash!!

Not to mention the plethora of builders out there these days that can whip you up a new more modern asskickin version of the 1959 for far less $$$ .