jcm 2000 DSL 50 wt

• Thread starter Dropjawrox25
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dropjawrox25

Reaction score
My DSL has sounded amazing and been totally reliable for the last 20 plus years ( bought it used )
other than a transformer problem about 10 years ago, haven't had issues until now. All of a sudden no power even when I turn it almost all the way up it was barely coming out. I noticed V3 was only lighting on one side and V4 has both sides lit but are dim. cleaned with deoxit and I hit the solder joints on v3 socket hoping to get some results. I troubleshooted tubes and it's not the tubes. if anyone has any advice on this I would surely appreciate it!

Last edited:

Central Scrutinizer

Misanthropic Humanitarian
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum!

Maybe check your fuses?
Lots knowledgeable members here. Someone will help you figure it out.
Good luck.

Marshall Stack

Reaction score
My DSL has sounded amazing and been totally reliable for the last 20 plus years ( bought it used )
other than a transformer problem about 10 years ago, haven't had issues until now. All of a sudden no power even when I turn it almost all the way up it was barely coming out. I noticed V3 was only lighting on one side and V4 has both sides lit but are dim. cleaned with deoxit and I hit the solder joints on v3 socket hoping to get some results. I troubleshooted tubes and it's not the tubes. if anyone has any advice on this I would surely appreciate it!
You can isolate the issue between the preamp and power amp. Plug your guitar into the effects return and see if you are getting sound. If so, the issue is probably in the preamp section. If you have another amp, you could then run your effects send to the input to another amp and then plug your guitar into your DSL input and see if you have sound there.

Latest posts