JCM800 reissues

• Thread starter khan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a 2002 Mint 2203X for $800.00 used from GC in Ohio. Joey Voltage made a few resistor and caps changes and it is one mean SOB. Awesome Amp. Joey knew what I was looking for and smoothed it right out. Too bad they don't come from the factory sounding this way. Not even my old 1982/1983 models sounded this good. Kind of like a Real hot plexi instead of a 2203. Great job Joey.

David

TwinACStacks

Reaction score
:shock: Joey is the Bomb. He helped guide me through modding my 2204, I would have been lost without him.

Sure wish he'd come back to the forum more often.

:cheers::cheers: TWIN

NewReligion

VIP Member
Reaction score
:shock: Joey is the Bomb. He helped guide me through modding my 2204, I would have been lost without him.

Sure wish he'd come back to the forum more often.

:cheers::cheers: TWIN

Yes he is as selfless as he is talented. He plays like Paul Gilbert to boot.

David :cheers:

ironlung40

Reaction score
Yes he is as selfless as he is talented. He plays like Paul Gilbert to boot.

David :cheers:

does joey work on vintage orange amps too?

I need to get in touch with him, if so. I'm thinking of adding a master volume to my OR120 so I can actually play it!!

TwinACStacks

Reaction score
does joey work on vintage orange amps too?

I need to get in touch with him, if so. I'm thinking of adding a master volume to my OR120 so I can actually play it!!

Of Course. Other than SS (which most people don't want to screw around with) once you get the drift of a basic tube amp circuit they all function pretty much the same way. And I'm betting Joey could do SS easily as well.

:):) TWIN

Jimmy Bondy

Reaction score
Hi!
Can someone take a look at the Choke inside of his JCM800 2203 Reissue and tell me what the label on it says. Is it a Dagnall D2475 (INDT-00020) Choke?
Thanks
Thomas

Scott4025

Reaction score
It seems a common gripe about many of the reissue amps is the price. Given, the mark up to get one of these is substantial, but as someone who has played on almost every single one of these - you will not be disappointed with the sound. The fact of the matter is, these sound pretty darn close to how a NEW JCM 800 or NEW Plexi would sound. It's silly to compare an original plexi or original JCM 800 to the reissued line because an amp will fluxuate in sound with age. Everything from the type of wire being used, subtle imperfections in the craftsmanship, even the way a particular cabinet resonates (which is also relative to age) is going to affect the sound of said amp. The fact of the matter is, many of don't even have a vintage Plexi or JCM to provide a fair comparison, and even if we did - very few of thew sound exactly the same. I personally think Marshall came as close as humanly possible to emulating the true sound of these classic amplifiers.