Joe Satriani "A Door Into Summer"

• Thread starter Username2
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Username2

Reaction score
Nice to see and hear Joe back on his game. This new video is classic Joe, definitely going to pickup this new CD, see what you think; oh yes. nice shots of the killer JVM410HJS

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M4BGpdU3pY"]Joe Satriani: "A Door Into Summer" (from new album UNSTOPPABLE MOMENTUM available May 7) - YouTube[/ame]

Joe Satriani just released his video for the first track from his upcoming album, Unstoppable Momentum.

Check out what Satch had to say about the video:
"The song celebrates the coming of summer and the promise of adventure, fun and coming of age. It's a song about my high school memories lasting a lifetime and still giving me that good feeling when summer rolls around.

I originally thought it would be perfect for Sammy to sing and brought an unfinished version to the Chickenfoot lll sessions. We never got around to working on it, so, I happily put it back in my pocket for another day, my little diamond in the rough.

Recording a song close to your heart always teaches you things about yourself and gives you new musical opportunities to embrace. This song drove me to be more melodic and to play deeper "in the pocket". It's got a huge, rock and soul electric guitar presence to it, with that extra up-lifting vibe.

MartyStrat54

Reaction score
I love Joe. After all, he taught Steve Vai (both went to the same high school).

This was a little more subdued than some of his older stuff, but it is very fluid and catchy.

I will get the CD, as I support Joe.

rocknblues

Reaction score
Thanks for the post. Big fan.

BTW, I can not find anything regarding news of an upcoming G3 Tour. Is there going to be one this Summer/Fall? If so, any word on who may be on the bill?

GIBSON67

Reaction score
There's a couple of Marshall on EBAY that are said to be Joe's...maybe someone will post the listings.

Harlequin tusk

Reaction score
Joe is playing with Steve Morse here in NY in the fall "http://www.antimusic.com/news/13/April/16Joe_Satriani_Announces_Live_Date_With_Steve_Morse.shtml"

Adwex....are you going??? I'll be there, 2 of my favorite players!

Dingle87

Reaction score
Great tune i will end up getting the album but hopefully they sort out the background noise......Listen to around 49 seconds in, where they are unloading the gear you can hear where they push the amp case.

Far Rider

Hendrixian
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just pre-ordered it. Big Satch fan. Especially his later stuff.

mott555

Reaction score
Good stuff, I still haven't heard a Satch song I don't love...well excluding those he sings on :D

Feeling Supersonic

Reaction score
As for the track, meh.

I'm seeing him this year though. I love Satriani, massive fan.

But his last album disappointed me, and this one will too likely.

bulldozer1984

Everybody's Favorite Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Great tune i will end up getting the album but hopefully they sort out the background noise......Listen to around 49 seconds in, where they are unloading the gear you can hear where they push the amp case.

ummm thats only for the video man.. That trick has been around for decades. Overdubbing sounds from the video into the studio track. Only used it the video.

Im pretty certain they wont be including those on the CD.

dptone5

Reaction score
I try to see Joe each time he has a US tour. Love his songwriting and playing!

DP

rocknblues

Reaction score
After several runs through this CD it's pretty clear that Satch has a fresh spark in his style. I think he is at his best with funky and wierd grooves. This CD covers a lot of bases in tempo and styles. I like it!

Adwex

Reaction score
Joe is playing with Steve Morse here in NY in the fall "http://www.antimusic.com/news/13/April/16Joe_Satriani_Announces_Live_Date_With_Steve_Morse.shtml"

Adwex....are you going??? I'll be there, 2 of my favorite players!

Haven't gotten tickets yet, but considering it, but there's a strong chance I'll be working out of town at the time.

dptone5

Reaction score
Got my tickets to see Satch at the Tower Theatre in Philadelphia in September! Can't wait!!

DP

Latest posts