Just Finished Building My "Everything" Rig

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
And I mean this rig does everything! So it starts off with a Marshall DRP-1 preamp for my Marshall tone. In the DRP-1 loop I have a Zoom G3n for reverb, chorus, delay, and lead volume boost. In front of the DRP-1 I have a Rat distortion for my dirt. With this setup I can plug directly into any sound system, PA, FOH, mixer, etc. Also on the board is an Orange Terror Stamp. In the event of an emergency, the board can be quickly reconfigured with the Stamp backup amp if the DRP-1 ever goes down. So this is my live gigging rig.

3jHgOnk.jpeg

Next part, this live gigging rig also doubles as my jamming rig for basement and backyard jams. I have my home made 5E3 tweed deluxe combo that I recently added an effects loop to. So the above gigging rig, I can disconnect the DRP-1 and put the Zoom in the 5E3 loop and put the Rat out front of the 5E3 for dirt, the same setup I had with the DRP-1. And if the 5E3 goes down, I have the Stamp as my backup amp. Whats nice is the Stamp is a full on tube amp, if the 5E3 went down I'd disconnect its speaker and connect it directly to the Stamp and I'm good to go!

iwfSPSU.jpeg

So as you can see, this truly is an everything rig! Currently it sits in a laptop bag, the whole thing is very small and lightweight. I just ordered a proper pedalboard for it so I'll be able to stow the cables and power inside the board to make the whole thing nice and neat. Whats cool is I built this with a bunch of old stuff that seems to fit together well like a puzzle, its so ghetto lol but thats me! I could have spent a few grand on a couple Kempers but nah! Alrighty then, I hope you enjoyed my presentation today, I know I'm excited about it! Have a great night and a very pleasant tomorrow! Cheers!

Last edited:

V-man

Reaction score
I bought a Power Station PS-100 because I love my JMPs and wanted to get the maximum out of them in any environment, including an external FX loop.

By virtue of the PS-100 being a re-amper, I also have a100W big-bottle tube power amp. Consequently, I have taken an interest in exploring modern preamp pedals that convincingly replicate popular amp circuits, be it a Friedman pedal, a UAFX “amp suite in a box” a Tonex, or whatever.

I never got outside of Marshalls to be the “84 Heads on the Ikea shelves asshole on Youtube” (sure, we do like some of them). And while I am sure that a Rockerverb, a Supergroup, an AC-30, a DR-103, a Trainwreck, a Model-T, a Fireball, a Cobra, a SLO, a Mezza, an Uberschall, a Dual Rec, and a half-Dozen Randalls and Peaveys each wouldn’t be more fun and in many ways superior to the alternative substitutes, there is something undeniably compelling about demoing a $8 profile, a $85 Soundalike stomp, or even a $299 top-tier amp (suite) in a box vs rolling the dice on used amps, their attendant issues and tube concerns… each starting in the $600 range apiece, all for something I don’t even know I’d like.

It’s one thing to fall in love with 5150/6505 Model X and go shopping for the real McCoy as a permanent addition vs shopping for 4-figure iron never encountered IRL, based strictly on a small pocket of iffy demos.

paul-e-mann

Reaction score
? Really ? Full tube amp in that little box?
Yeah pretty amazing huh, read up on it. It's 20 watts, tube preamp and solid state power amp, 2 channel volume, effects loop, 8 or 16 ohm output, DI with cab sim. It's pretty much a micro terror in a pedal format.

thesunship

Reaction score
Yeah pretty amazing huh, read up on it. It's 20 watts, tube preamp and solid state power amp, 2 channel volume, effects loop, 8 or 16 ohm output, DI with cab sim. It's pretty much a micro terror in a pedal format.
I have one as a backup as well. Great little device which can also power a cab if an amp head breaks down. Nice and simple, no computer menus!

KelvinS1965

Reaction score
I take an Orange stamp as a back up amp to gigs. I don't think it's quite as loud as my SV20h into the same 1x12 Greenback cab, but it would do if the SV20h didn't work for some reason. I tried it at our rehearsals (large space, gig volume levels) and it worked well enough.

I agree with the above; I hate anything with computer/phone App menus. Just dial the Stamp in and away you go.

Cal Nevari

Reaction score
And I mean this rig does everything! So it starts off with a Marshall DRP-1 preamp for my Marshall tone. In the DRP-1 loop I have a Zoom G3n for reverb, chorus, delay, and lead volume boost. In front of the DRP-1 I have a Rat distortion for my dirt. With this setup I can plug directly into any sound system, PA, FOH, mixer, etc. Also on the board is an Orange Terror Stamp. In the event of an emergency, the board can be quickly reconfigured with the Stamp backup amp if the DRP-1 ever goes down. So this is my live gigging rig.

3jHgOnk.jpeg

Next part, this live gigging rig also doubles as my jamming rig for basement and backyard jams. I have my home made 5E3 tweed deluxe combo that I recently added an effects loop to. So the above gigging rig, I can disconnect the DRP-1 and put the Zoom in the 5E3 loop and put the Rat out front of the 5E3 for dirt, the same setup I had with the DRP-1. And if the 5E3 goes down, I have the Stamp as my backup amp. Whats nice is the Stamp is a full on tube amp, if the 5E3 went down I'd disconnect its speaker and connect it directly to the Stamp and I'm good to go!

iwfSPSU.jpeg

So as you can see, this truly is an everything rig! Currently it sits in a laptop bag, the whole thing is very small and lightweight. I just ordered a proper pedalboard for it so I'll be able to stow the cables and power inside the board to make the whole thing nice and neat. Whats cool is I built this with a bunch of old stuff that seems to fit together well like a puzzle, its so ghetto lol but thats me! I could have spent a few grand on a couple Kempers but nah! Alrighty then, I hope you enjoyed my presentation today, I know I'm excited about it! Have a great night and a very pleasant tomorrow! Cheers!
That's awesome! As they say, the DRP is in the details. ;^)

Latest posts