Just got skystreamx free streaming tv and movies

• Thread starter flyinguitars
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

flyinguitars

Reaction score
A friend hooked me up with a skystreamx box to demo. Wow it is very good!
Internet based tv that is mostly all on demand. There are live streams, but everything we've searched we've found! Think of any movie, search it and boom! It's there for free!

The downside is that it can take a few minutes to find a good stream/source of the program or movie that you are looking for....similar to trying to find a particular website or information when doing a Google search.

Anyone else have it?

crossroadsnyc

Senior Moderator
Staff Member
Reaction score
Just finished a live stream a few minutes ago … it was huge! :cool:

I've never heard of skystreamx … what kind of programming other than movies and live streams? Are there television shows as well? News?

flyinguitars

Reaction score
Just finished a live stream a few minutes ago … it was huge! :cool:

I've never heard of skystreamx … what kind of programming other than movies and live streams? Are there television shows as well? News?

My friend is a beta tester and gave me a box that he had added some of his favorite apps.

As I understand it, it's a android platform/box that runs something called KODI as it operating system. It has different apps similar to icons on an Android phone that represent custom search engines, live stream services, etc.

You can get just about anything you can think of if you look in the right places. There is a learning curve but as you get used to it, you can pretty much find anything that was ever filmed or broadcast. ...lol...it's staggering...lol.

We watched zoolander 2 last night in hd. We saw it in the theater last week..lol

Stringjunkie

Reaction score
Actually, I just got a tv again a couple months ago and it has roku on it. I cut the cable years ago but this streaming tv is pretty cool.

flyinguitars

Reaction score
Actually, I just got a tv again a couple months ago and it has roku on it. I cut the cable years ago but this streaming tv is pretty cool.

Nice!

Oh the best thing about the skystream system is that everything is FREE!...at least for now..lol

Stringjunkie

Reaction score
Alot is free on roku but not everything. Between netflix and Hulu I think I pay around $15 a month. But thats drastically less than cable was, that bill just pissed me off every month.

flyinguitars

Reaction score
Alot is free on roku but not everything. Between netflix and Hulu I think I pay around $15 a month. But thats drastically less than cable was, that bill just pissed me off every month.

I assume that this is not as organized as roku but everything is free. We have been watching movies that are still in the theaters for free...lol

wakjob

Reaction score
Sounds cool. A friend at work was talking about that KODI OS recently... interesting.

The amount of commercials on TV is enough to make me question why anyone has to pay for cable in the first place.

Screw that. My basic cable is free with my apartment, but hardly use it.

HOT TUBES 70

Reaction score
I have a few friends with CODI , and they all say its great !!!
They don't pay for any TV / Movie stuff once you get it ... I've been tempted I have to admit .

Here in Canada we pay out our a$$ for TV/Cable , from what I have been told that our friends from the USA pay only a fraction of that . I'm not sure why that is but even the Canadian Government ( CRTC ) had to step in an tell a few major Canadian cable providers that they have to lower the prices to make it fair .

Marshall Stack

Reaction score
This thread was a reminder to cancel my AT&T U-Verse. It was running about $190.00 with internet. I'm keeping the internet for $54.00; quite a savings.

Although my TV is about 5 years old, the HDMI port isn't working so I can't hook up a TV stick. A new TV might be around $700 for what I want but it the stick and new TV will pay for itself over the long run. It seems like everyone I know is ditching cable and satellite..

Vinsanitizer

*** Canceled ***
VIP Member
Reaction score
Cable TV - thank god it's finally a thing of the past.

JimiRules

Reaction score
I have KODI on my laptop and I watch it on my tv via HDMI. I like it. Not only can you find just about any movie and television show, but you can also find pay per view sporting events. I can watch pretty much any NFL, NBA, and MLB game I want without having to buy the packages required to watch out of market games.