Justin Harrison (London Vintage Guitars) pinstripe 'Clapton Marshall bluesbreaker' combo on Reverb

• Thread starter BygoneTones
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BygoneTones

Reaction score
Reactions: ljs

neikeel

Reaction score
I've looked hard.
It is a steel chassis version with correct transformers and contemporary boards.
The cobwebs and dust are either genuine or a nice touch
I can't see anything wrong with it, but others may well know more.

BygoneTones

Reaction score
My thinking is it's probably a basketweave period amp with the front baffle modified or newly made to look like Clapton's amp. Speakers swapped out for earlier ones. One speaker is damaged if you look closely, it has the rubber grommit missing. Wiring harness looks home made to me.

The white script logo is completely wrong for pinstripe period (only used 69 onwards), yet seems to fit anyway without the letter 'h' being stretched. Why? Is it because the baffle was made to accomodate that white logo?

The tolex looks vintage, but it's not the green on black stuff found on most pinstripe gear. They started using that more plain looking tolex in late 67 / early 68. Some of the last pinstripe stuff does have it.

Scumback Speakers

Reaction score
I had to help a buyer who got fleeced by those clowns with a Visa fraud claim 16 years ago. They had a speaker I wanted years later, and I asked for a money back guarantee that it tested good and was original. They said with the cost of shipping they didn't want to take that chance.

ANY QUESTIONS?

Reactions: ljs