Jvm 205/210 Vs 410

• Thread starter yngwee
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yngwee

Reaction score
I used to own a JVM410, loved it and regretted selling it by the way. I never bothered with the 205 or 210, but have been thinking about picking up a JVM soon. My question is what will I be missing between the 410 and 210?

I'm not asking about tech specs you can find online. I'm talking about people who are experience with both amps who think the 210 fits the bill just fine or the missing channels are a lot to miss. Also, I've been watching the videos a lot of the 205 and from what I can tell, Marshall for whatever reason seems to have taken out some of the middle ground. I don't know if they meant it to be something you're supposed to make up for with pedals, or because they wanted to make sure the more expensive 410 stayed appealing. Like I said, I'm not sure, but that what it seems like hearing them go from one channel to the next.

Jethro Rocker

Reaction score
Yes you miss the middle ground. To me, it's a no brainer if it's within budget - a 410. Channel 1 is clean with some crunch, but even channel 2 alone on the 410 is more versatile that way by switching modes.

Matt_Krush

Reaction score
Really depends on which channels and modes you like.
I have both the 410 and a 205.

I use clean green on both for clean stuff...
On the 410, crunch red...the 205, OD1 green for classic rock/alternative type rock.

The 410 I use both OD1 and OD2 in red mode. 0D1 for some metal and OD2 for others.

The 205 just has the 1 OD channel...so I alter the EQ differently in my G-Major if I want more OD patches.

Can you get by with the 2 channel?
I can.
I prefer the 410 over the 205.

Latest posts