JVM 410H and effects/effects loop

• Thread starter davejackson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

davejackson

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My amp sounds good, but can it sound better with the proper connections? Here is what I have
Guitar to JVM input
Serial/Parallel FX Loop Send to Chorus input
Chorus out to Boss ME-70 guitar in
Boss ME-70 out to JVM Return
All feedback is welcome. If I need to replace the Boss ME-70, I have no problem with that. The delay is all I use on that thing anyway. The WAH sounds like crap, the phaser, flanger all sound real thin.

Thanks

jeffsmusic4919

Reaction score
Your Boss pedal has one input and two outputs. The wah will probably sound best not in the effects loop. You would need a multieffects pedal with four cables or more to get the most of the combinatiion. Without the wah... there are plenty of effects that will sound good in just the effects loop. It is kind of surprising that the unit sounds thin. Try plugging into the front of the amp and check that.

It would seem weird but there could be an out of phase thing going on in the effects loop??? Check your loop level switch, that might correct your problem. Aso try without the chorus pedal connected.

What I am looking for is a four cable method pedal with MIDI and amp switching. Also it would have the ability to sample your favorite pedals and load those too. It would need at least six well spaced switches. Up,Down 1,2,3,4 And USB/small screen.

SkyMonkey

Reaction score
What I am looking for is a four cable method pedal with MIDI and amp switching. Also it would have the ability to sample your favorite pedals and load those too. It would need at least six well spaced switches. Up,Down 1,2,3,4 And USB/small screen.
A Boss GT-100 (££-used) has almost all those features.
1,2,3,4 switches. 2x CTL switches. CTL 3,4 IN jack. Up/Down (Bank). USB, MIDI. Screen.
Mine is hooked up in MIDI 4CM to my DSL40CR, with the extra CTL switches, and is pretty versatile.

The GX-100 has even more features (££££).
Not enough to make me upgrade though.

Sampling 'favourite' pedals may be the one that's elusive.
They tend to have the internal FX Loop for insertion of 'favourite' pedals instead.
Far cheaper, and that's what makes 4CM possible.
The MS-3 has three programmable loops and the GT-100 effects engine (minus amp sims).

The GT-1000 (£££££) has IR capability, but not sure if that extends to FX pedal sampling.
Check out LINE6 multi-effects too.

Ken Ops

Reaction score
Sampling your favourite pedals is beyond my knowledge, but the rest is pretty much covered by most units in the Helix/HX family. And they sure do emulate a heckton of well known pedals (and even some not so well known). Also, with the Stomp or full Helix models, a heckton of amps and cabs.

I opted for the HX Effects myself, because the 410H and my cab do all I need on that front.

Latest posts